View Full Version : AE92 - What's compatible with an AE71?

nanes
15th June 2009, 06:55 PM
Hey Guys, new to this forum and loving it.

A friend is selling his AE92 for $200 that he crashed into a gutter and bent the diff.

It's got an 4AF-C with 215,000 km's on it and I was planning on buying an AE71 swapping the motor and doing it up as a project.

Is there anything else off the AE92 that I could use on a AE71?

Thanks in advance.

Clinton
15th June 2009, 07:02 PM
wheel nuts...

Jonny Rochester
15th June 2009, 07:16 PM
First off, I doubt the AE92 bent the diff, as it is fairly solid, and in the centre of the gearbox.

It is uncommon to do anything with a 4A-FC so you may get some flak for wanting to use it.

A 4A-FE however may almost be worth it if you got it for cheap, and can do all the mods yourself.

But honestly, just drive the 4A-C untill you can get a 4A-GE. Thats what everyone else does.

Compatable items:
battery
pedal rubbers
window winders
hi-tensile bolts, nuts, screws
plastic clips

Things worth money to someone:
battery
starter motor
alternator
complete motor that runs
radiator and fans
C52 gearbox
tyres

nanes
15th June 2009, 07:28 PM
First of all, thanks for the decent reply. :)

Bent something. :hehe:

So are you saying that I won't be able to use the 4AF-C or is it just not done very often?

If I did swap it with a 4A-C, how would it compare?

So I won't be able to use the brake calipers, struts etc either?

Would it be worth splitting it too, would I get more than $200?

resol
15th June 2009, 07:44 PM
all engines are an upgrade over the 4ac. but for the cost/effort nothing less then smallport IMO. btw i have one ;)

leave the car for him to sell, and grab urself a *E7* to start with and go from there.

-dan

*E7*
15th June 2009, 08:48 PM
i'm an *E7* but don't go starting nothing with me ;)

Jonny Rochester
15th June 2009, 10:36 PM
The 4A-FC may go slightly better than the 4A-C, but it's not worth doing because the dizzy is in the wrong position, and you will need custom extractors. But if you know how to eliminate the dizzy, and weld the exhaust etc... then go for it.

If you wreck the AE92 on ebay, you can get more than $200. It takes a bit of work, but you could get $600 back or more.