PDA

View Full Version : other makes parts that fit toyota

dove grey 64
20th November 2012, 07:26 AM
not sure if we have another thread for this but the other day i was looking for a tps at pick a part kilsyth and noticed that proton gti (mirage's i believe) and early hyundai and other early protons use the same tps as 4age toyotas, i took pics which i'll upload later. they use the clip type fitting for the 4 wires that are on the loom.
pretty good if you need a replacement tps cheap.
anyone else have some interchangable oddities?

Golberg
21st November 2012, 11:04 PM
Same number on the TPS? Just because although they can externally identical, they can work in different orientations and have different internals.

Daihatsu's share some parts with Toyotas (Toyota owns >50% of Daihatsu so no big surprise there).

Hen may possibly be a nut
22nd November 2012, 05:59 AM
Yeah, I think a Daihatsu Charmant motor looks like it might work in an AE86 too...

There's a couple of huge threads on Toymods focused on this. One is "Toyota's interchangable oddities" for Toyota based stuff, the other I can't remember the name of, but is for other make stuff suitable for Toyotas. Hopefully a search will turn it up.

Golberg
22nd November 2012, 11:24 AM
Yeah, the Daihatsu Charmant (not sold in Australia) shares the same chassis and platform as an E7 Corolla, as such does the same as an 86.

Best bet is Toyodiy. Find your part numbers then do a reverse lookup.

dove grey 64
29th November 2012, 08:18 PM
Same number on the TPS? Just because although they can externally identical, they can work in different orientations and have different internals.

Daihatsu's share some parts with Toyotas (Toyota owns >50% of Daihatsu so no big surprise there).
orientation is the same but there are no part numbers to match, the proton/hyundai ones have a black rubber type stuff on the outer casing like they are trying to hide another makes mark.