PDA

View Full Version : tokico hts102r

Rice86
21st November 2012, 06:51 PM
Hey guys

have a pair of tokico hts102r sitting at home, they are the short stroke ones and adjustable from top..though not sure if they are good so question is..

How do i know if they are blown? is there a way to test it? how should it re-act when compressed by hand? should it extend back on its own or what?

Thanks in advance.. thinking about using them again if can sus out if blown or not.

Sam-Q
21st November 2012, 07:15 PM
ideally you would take it to a "shock dyno" where they chart the dampening characteristics. If you want to do it yourself putting dampers in is a pretty quick job, try it and see?

lolwat
21st November 2012, 07:21 PM
basic test, push down on shock shaft should be somewhat hard to do, and it should creep back up once you let it go

Rice86
21st November 2012, 10:09 PM
i should mention its rear shocks only, yeah i just pushed down and its pretty hard, i checked and its set to max stiffnes, they dont extend back but i think thats how rear shocks are for the 86 since the diff will force the shocks to extended when installed on the car?

i think they are still very usable, thanks guys

Skylar
21st November 2012, 10:58 PM
basic test, push down on shock shaft should be somewhat hard to do, and it should creep back up once you let it go

Only true of monotube dampers/"gas shocks". Twin tubes won't push back up. I don't remember what hts are but most likely twin tube.

lolwat
21st November 2012, 11:02 PM
thank you :)

timbo
22nd November 2012, 10:19 AM
Only true of monotube dampers/"gas shocks". Twin tubes won't push back up. I don't remember what hts are but most likely twin tube.

Correcto. I have HTS102F in the fronts, obviously, and that is what they do. The grub screw adjustment if awesome too.