PDA

View Full Version : clutch slave cyl feed in the way of manifold down pipe

jmae86
7th December 2012, 11:40 PM
Hey lads, today I was fitting a new janspeed system to the 86, when installing the 4 branch manifold the downpipe is clashing with the fees pipe for the clutch slave cylinder (right where the male threaded fitting treads into the slave cylinder) I'm thinking I'd I get a hose with a 90 degree bend it should solve the problem, has anyone encountered this problem before?

toyotakraze
8th December 2012, 12:12 AM
Hey lads, today I was fitting a new janspeed system to the 86, when installing the 4 branch manifold the downpipe is clashing with the fees pipe for the clutch slave cylinder (right where the male threaded fitting treads into the slave cylinder) I'm thinking I'd I get a hose with a 90 degree bend it should solve the problem, has anyone encountered this problem before?

Sam Q is your man

Matt
8th December 2012, 07:18 AM
Yeah grab a flexible hose and run it from the master to the slave...

Javal
8th December 2012, 08:10 AM
Yeah grab a flexible hose and run it from the master to the slave...

Well not the whole way...

I would gently massage the hardline to a better location, and then run a braided line over a more appropriate route. Move the mount if you're handy with a welder. A slightly longer than standard braided line may be required to achieve good clearance and safe routing.

As an overall solution, this is why some people choose to convert to a JDM clutch hydraulic arrangement, as they have the slave cylinder on the drivers side to keep it away from the 4AGE exhaust.

RobertoX
8th December 2012, 11:50 AM
Get a slightly longer flexible line with a banjo fitting for the slave.
Rubber will be fine, don't need braided for the clutch hose.

lolwat
8th December 2012, 12:04 PM
750mm braided line with 45 degree banjo one end(master) and a straight banjo the other(slave)

jmae86
8th December 2012, 02:55 PM
thanks for the replies lads hopefully the banjo fittings should do the job,didnt get time to call to any hydrolic hose shop today,will get it monday