PDA

View Full Version : POLYURETHANE ENGINE MOUNTS - Thoughts

Ramjet
13th December 2012, 01:54 PM
Anyone had experience with the polyurethane engine mounts (~$100) being sold by prostreetperformance.net on e-bay? I'm trying to find a cost effective option for a 4age replant into a Triumph Spitfire. Engine and chassis mounts will be custom made.
Thanks

maxhag
13th December 2012, 02:12 PM
Pretty much solid mounted..... More engine vibration through the chassis........ I wouldn't use them on a daily road car, but I would use them in "sports" applications......

Ramjet
13th December 2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks mate

NIZLAH
13th December 2012, 04:14 PM
got them in my feroza with sr20det, driven it daily for the past 2 years like that, no issues, mounts still look new and the extra vibration doesn't bother me..

meadan
13th December 2012, 05:44 PM
I bought the exact set you are talking about.

I found they were very harsh for the first 100 or so km.
After a weekend of driving I can barely notice the difference now. They feel much better than the stock worn out ones in terms of engine response.

Ramjet
13th December 2012, 06:08 PM
I bought the exact set you are talking about.

I found they were very harsh for the first 100 or so km.
After a weekend of driving I can barely notice the difference now. They feel much better than the stock worn out ones in terms of engine response.

Thanks for the feedback...

Ramjet
13th December 2012, 06:09 PM
Thanks Adan

Ramjet
13th December 2012, 06:10 PM
Cheers Niz

Casey-G
15th December 2012, 07:18 PM
I made my own.. practically a solid urethane puck foe each side and the gearbox mount... harsher..yes.. but the feel in comparison to the vulcanized rubber from factory is great.. motor doesn't walk up at all..

If its a comfy street car I'd say you wouldn't like them much.
If its a hot streeter or a racer they are great, such a direct feel for what the car is doing.

dove grey 64
15th December 2012, 07:39 PM
Has anyone used.genuine trd solid mounts? I've got some but never used them in fear of them being to harsh for my daily, they are a hard rubber compound so maybe they won't be too bad

Ramjet
15th December 2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks Casey, I was also thinking of failsafe designs, did you just run a single bolt through?

burcoty
16th December 2012, 02:03 AM
Has anyone used.genuine trd solid mounts? I've got some but never used them in fear of them being to harsh for my daily, they are a hard rubber compound so maybe they won't be too bad

They only take 15 min to install if you have an engine crane or a block and tackle.
Just chuck 'em in and find out ;)