PDA

View Full Version : Hella Fail Aritcle - discuss

hollywood89
30th December 2012, 10:26 PM
ladies and gents,

was reading the below link...

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles/id/2612/hella-fail.aspx

keen to see discussion about the topic...what the ae86dc vibe is about this type of thing

pls delete/move thread if it already exists or is in the wrong area...

discuss!

cheers
nick

s13 james
30th December 2012, 11:17 PM
what that douche bag says is true,but its common knowledge that hella flush,slammed society etc are about form over function,they dont really claim to be mad drifters,time attack champs,they build cars ,superlow,crazy fitment,go cruize,park up and take pics,seems like that guy was bored and felt a need to tell us how their cars are set up wrong in terms of performance when 99% of people including them know this/or dont give a fuck

hollywood89
30th December 2012, 11:30 PM
thanks for the feedback "s13 james", imo the article is trying to focus more on the safety of other drivers on the road alongside these hellaflush styled/modified type vehicles and generally the result of these typesof setups...

s13 james
30th December 2012, 11:41 PM
yer true,after i red it a 2nd and 3rd time i noticed that too

mcBen
31st December 2012, 12:46 AM
It's retarded people actually drive cars like that, it looks cool parked but if you drive it on everyday roads it has to be hella functional

Sam-Q
31st December 2012, 01:39 AM
I wonder if it would be possible to actually have your subframe come out while driving, that would be funny as.

lolwat
31st December 2012, 02:36 AM
it made its point
how you can drive with 4 c/v's grinding/rubbing on the body like that and not hear beats me, would of been noisey as fuck

Matt
31st December 2012, 09:07 AM
These are the reasons why the too low laws exist... Either way, each to their own.

frosty
31st December 2012, 09:24 AM
.. Hella .... they sell lights etc

jakel
31st December 2012, 11:01 AM
.. Hella .... they sell lights etc

That's what I thought, how could some lights cause so much damage!

But seriously looks like it's not very safe, and yeah subframe falling out would be interesting indeed.

niclol
31st December 2012, 12:10 PM
Not a fan of the whole stance/hellaflush movement but the dude who wrote the article just sounded like some pathetic whinger to me.

Frak
31st December 2012, 04:59 PM
what that douche bag says is true

Why is he a douche bag?????

Matt
31st December 2012, 05:33 PM
^^^ this

milan_ke70
31st December 2012, 05:35 PM
The latest extreme is "Poke" style. This is sort of like how lowriders stretch narrow tires on wide wheels but taken to greater extremes. This is something like a 205 tire on a 9.5 or 10" wheel

Sam-Q
31st December 2012, 05:41 PM
I don't think he is a pathetic whinger, sounds more to me like someone shaking his head at lunacy. This car is modified to a point where it is ripping the shit out of it, I think he is pretty pretty gentle in this article.

Matt
31st December 2012, 06:00 PM
It is dumb arses who do these mods as to why we get smashed for being slightly too low.... I've always built cars to drive and use, not to sit and be looked at.

ke_70
1st January 2013, 10:51 PM
pretty fair imo, he's not bashing the style just shaking his head at how he's not modifyed anything to work with the ride height he want's. just wound down the coilovers and thats that. probley didn't even know he was sitting on the axles.

the outrage like this is the whole reason this style exsit though...

Jacobxxx
1st January 2013, 11:07 PM
Article bleeds ignorance.

lolwat
2nd January 2013, 12:24 AM
People can have there cars like that, that's an issue in it self, the biggest issue people do this and don't even realize/know any better which is the scary part

cars a death trap

LittleRedSpirit
5th January 2013, 09:44 AM
What happened to these kind of cars being on bags so that you can actually drive them and hardpark them on the rails?

Oh right that would require engineering and effort. Does not apply.

jakel
5th January 2013, 11:21 AM
Apparently cooler to have them as above.

lolwat
5th January 2013, 01:34 PM
What happened to these kind of cars being on bags so that you can actually drive them and hardpark them on the rails?

Oh right that would require engineering and effort. Does not apply.

This happened
http://image.minitruckinweb.com/f/truck-trends/bags-are-for-groceries/35506848/bags-are-for-groceries.jpg

Low Style
7th January 2013, 03:44 PM
This might just be me but i read this article as someone whinging about American "hella flush" style. Yet no one whinges about the cars in Japan that have stupid camber or super low.

That's right no one can hate on the "motherland" but can rag on everywhere else.

blah blah blah this is a death trap, but what about all those super jacked up "trucks" or min trucks. or your raggy arse bogan cars all are stupidly dangerous...

Gunner
7th January 2013, 05:36 PM
Really? Thats a fucking ridiculous statement. Who are you to judge other forum members cars you have fuck all clue about?

Considering this is an american article, about the scene in america. Theres bad cars everywhere in every part of every scene. The thread was put up to provoke discussion, not for you to have a little hissy fit.

grow the fuck up.

lolwat
7th January 2013, 06:16 PM
Yea what about all those jacked up trucks and notched, body dropped "mini trucks", they actually make there chassis to what they intent on doing, not just BAM munch my rails till my diff fits, some of the planning that goes into them is ridiculous, yes i know of 1 person who has had there whole 4 link fall off going down the M4 was messy

4x4's yea they can be dangerous when not looked after never had one that i would class as dangerous as the car in the article PURPOSELY, have found some fucked up shit, 60cm cracks in rails, tierods that you can lift the draglink off and push it back onto the joint etcetc, but thats only due to the person/peoples not checking there car(thats why we do) not because THATs FUCKING HEKTIC and done it

i have never had "raggy arse bogan" car come in for rego and the x member constantly bashing the ground, X member bolts nearly gone, yes oil leak exhaust leak from wear and tear, which happens to every car

Cars in japan with fucking stupid camber and drag alone the ground with stupid fucking long exhaust and stupid huge front lips and guards, are stupid and i dislike them, there someone winged about "the motherland" if japs started jumping off a bridge would you copy?

jay70
7th January 2013, 07:53 PM
those axles rubbing the frame is pretty sketchy. dont want to look under my car now lol

Matt
7th January 2013, 07:57 PM
Had to laugh at the civic i followed home tonight that had hektic camber and the back of the car was floating all over the place....

dove grey 64
7th January 2013, 09:31 PM
function>form
i do love the look of a well setup car, perfect fitment and setup for driving hard. but i also like the look of some crazy fitments too.
i'd say shift rooks rona is as far as i'd go with rims and stance.

ke_70
7th January 2013, 11:23 PM
those axles rubbing the frame is pretty sketchy. dont want to look under my car now lol

what you can't see doesn't excist

the real problem with this car is somone looked underneath it.

Low Style
8th January 2013, 09:11 AM
The thread was put up to provoke discussion, not for you to have a little hissy fit.

grow the fuck up.

I think you missed the point of my post, I posted it purely to provoke.

timbo
8th January 2013, 09:59 AM
What a pack of sooks. The writer pointed out what was wrong with the car as a result of the problem with this kind of automotive movement, end of story. People are taking offence because their car is low when that is not the intention of the article. It points out the mechanical and intellectual issues that have arisen due to someone lowering a car to be cool without knowing what they were actually doing. I'm sure we can all relate to this; every time you're at a car meet.

Yes, the articles intention is to provoke discussion because the writer thought it was serious enough to do so. If you're offended post up an underside picture of your car, let the stereotyping and hate begin but ffs, learn how to argue.

Matt
8th January 2013, 12:54 PM
what you can't see doesn't exist

the real problem with this car is somone looked underneath it.

Lol.. Until the subframe bolts are ground away to nothing and the axles snap...

Gunner
8th January 2013, 02:30 PM
its ok cause thats what clays 86s are like, well thats the rumour anyway...

mcBen
8th January 2013, 04:16 PM
Still don't understand people who build cars that are only good to look at. I mean good for me browsing the interwebs to see some cool stance, but fuck being an owner dreading the end of a meet because you have to drive home

Matt
8th January 2013, 04:44 PM
^^^ Agree with this... but then again that is what tilt trays are for.

mcBen
8th January 2013, 05:02 PM
Fair call, but then again that sort of defeats it's purpose of being a car. Although thinking about it, maybe being a car is not its purpose. Maybe its more of a fashion statement and attention seeker. If that's the case, which I think it is, the hellaflush scene are modifying cars for the wrong reasons

Low Style
9th January 2013, 08:09 AM
the hellaflush scene are modifying cars for the wrong reasons

Although i don't agree with the trend of hellaflush. I think they are modifying cars for the right reason, their own satisfaction and to how they want it to modify their own cars..

nelpd96|
9th January 2013, 08:35 AM
Although i don't agree with the trend of hellaflush. I think they are modifying cars for the right reason, their own satisfaction and to how they want it to modify their own cars..

To the point that they remain safe and not a liability to other road users. The fact is that these things are not safe and lowering that far has changed the suspension geometry so far that they no longer handle properly.

On a side note about the author, I would encourage you to read some of the other articles that they have on the site as he is quite knowledgeable and has written some pretty good stuff over the years.

Cheers
Paul