PDA

View Full Version : Rego Stickers - Who still has one on their car?

pizzaeater
2nd January 2013, 06:06 PM
http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/images/no-rego-banner5.jpg

From 1 January 2013, registration stickers will no longer be required for light vehicles up to 4.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM). NSW Police use number plate recognition cameras to automatically detect if a vehicle is unregistered.

This means from 1 January 2013, registration stickers can be removed from all light vehicles registered in NSW. While it is not an offence to keep displaying your registration sticker, it is no longer required.

New stickers are no longer being generated and will not be sent with registration renewal notices. Removing labels for light vehicles simplifies the registration process, reduces red tape and will save time and money for the community and businesses.

When can I remove my current registration sticker?

You can remove the registration sticker from your light vehicle from 1 January 2013. After 1 January 2013 it will no longer be an offence for light vehicles to not display a registration sticker, or to display an expired or damaged sticker.

Do I have to remove my registration sticker on 1 January 2013?

From 1 January 2013, it will be your choice if you wish to remove the registration sticker from your light vehicle. It won’t be an offence to display a current or expired registration sticker.

How will the NSW Police know my vehicle is registered?

Registration stickers are no longer needed to support enforcement of vehicle registration. NSW Police use number plate recognition cameras to automatically detect if a vehicle is unregistered. Fixed enforcement cameras can also detect unregistered vehicles.

In NSW you no longer have to have that yellow sticker on your car! Cars currently registered, you are allowed to remove the existing sticker.

Who here still has their rego sticker on their car? Rego stickers are a thing of the past!!!!

Read up more info here (http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/abolish_labels/index.html)

Matt
8th January 2013, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the post, but I'm not fussed personally about having a sticker or not.

Rice86
8th January 2013, 08:42 PM
i still have it so i know when my rego is due.. cause im lazy like that

Jacobxxx
8th January 2013, 10:35 PM
2 Corollas 1 set of plates. excellent

Matt
9th January 2013, 01:51 PM
^^ Lol i'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way, but if they colour / model why not :P

Kevspec
9th January 2013, 04:22 PM
Definitely makes plate swapping easier on similar cars..
Keeping mine on. Sentimental value and whatnot

sam92
10th January 2013, 01:33 AM
The stickers help remind you to re rego. I know even though you get a renewal notice its easy to forget, I'm sure a few people will get done for expired rego.

When the renewal notice comes, can you go and do the pink slip and then pay the rego in advance so that its out of the way before the due date?

dbr11k
12th January 2013, 03:09 AM
hmmm, think I might have to buy another white corolla and get the number stamps out hahahah

lolwat
12th January 2013, 07:54 AM
you wait the amount of people that will get done for unrego'ed, we get SOOOO MANY people already "can i get a rego check my regos due today i didint even realize" or "when i can i get a rego it ran out yesterday and i didnt even realize" and the reason they realised???? REGO STICKER!, i think its shit personally

sam92
12th January 2013, 05:03 PM
That's what I was saying ill leave mine on and the date on my current sticker should stay relevant each year besides for the year obviously.

lolwat
12th January 2013, 05:27 PM
watch you will get fined for having an old sticker or something bullshit

good idea but

sam92
12th January 2013, 05:38 PM
Yeah actually that wouldn't surprise me, the only other thing I can do is pink slip and re rego as soon as I get the renewal if that is possible. Or just make sure I don't forget and not renew

Matt
12th January 2013, 05:39 PM
2 Corollas 1 set of plates. excellent

Is that similar to 2 girls and 1 cup?

dbr11k
21st January 2013, 09:31 AM
did a bit of reading on the rta site, you won't get fines for having the old sticker on