PDA

View Full Version : Matte Black ae86 w/ sr20det swap.

litch
16th February 2013, 01:15 PM
What's up. I just purchased my 86 today, my excitement can not be overstated, I am stoked. Here are some pic's.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/7/5/8/505115.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/6/7/5/8/505116.jpg

So, it is a little rough, but it has just a few little rust spots, and for a car that is 26 years old, I will take that.

It has the following cosmetic flaws:

It has a cracked windshield, bad. It is in need of a paint job in the worst way. The top dash is cracked and in need of restoration. That is really it for the interior because it is completely gutted. There are 2 seats and a battery on the inside.

The engine is a sr20det. I will take pic's of it tomorrow so you can see the complete set up, it has the battery relocated into the passenger footwell.

I am very excited to own this car. My last project car was a 1998 nissan maxima with a vq35de swap, so I kinda know my way around some of the silliness that nissan likes to do with its engines... My end goals with the car is a complete restoration, pretty simple. Final color is going to be matte black, it will have 45mm fender flares, black window tint. I am still on the fence for what tail lights I am going to do, I have a broken one, so that replacement is on the horizon... any input as far as which ones are crap, which ones are not so crap, would be awesome. I am also on the fence with what rims I am going to do, again I am going to lurk and eye fcuk all your cars till I find one that speaks to me, then I will prolly send you a pm and ask about your set-up.

So that's me, I am stoked to be here, I have been on forums before, so you won't get any stupid a$$ questions or silliness from me.

davidgarratt
16th February 2013, 02:15 PM
Welcome, looks good mate . What diff is it running ( looks a bit wide to be standard)

litch
16th February 2013, 02:23 PM
Kazz 2 way LSD. I haven't gotten it up on a lift, but I know it is set up for drifty sideways goodness. It has an unsprung clutch and a silly e-brake that never wants to stay engaged... made me want to punch an orphan the first time I tried to park it today... :)

joeschmo_57
20th February 2013, 12:28 AM
America?

litch
20th February 2013, 12:35 AM
America?

You are correct sir, I don't like vodka enough to be from the other georgia.