PDA

View Full Version : T series welded up

pogi
19th June 2009, 12:56 AM
after being not able to find a zenki T series 2way i have decided to try this path, how bad is it welding up i know its a cheap way out but what are the pros and cons of locking it and will t series axles handle it

Jonny Rochester
19th June 2009, 01:21 AM
Topic has been done to death. No need to search, just read everything on the forum.

I will tell you another secret.

My AE86, as it sits today, has a early AE86 T series 2 pinion diff, welded.

DR86TY
19th June 2009, 09:27 AM
my t series is welded to the sh!t house.

lasted me about 6 months with a fair amount of track time, ive broken the welds once but never an axle.

Sure you might get some weird noises, this is only a given as its all off balance.

Get it done right the first time and remember to unload the axles when you park and it should last you a very long time

.ady
19th June 2009, 01:14 PM
best thing u'll ever do if you do it right!.it sudnt break dno what happened there ^^^^^
but certainly you sud break your axels first before you break the welds. also depending on how u weld it and how u put it in it will determine the "helicopter noise" so far ive only heard 1 welded diff to be really quite inside the car... others get whines and helicopter sound noises

sprint86
21st June 2009, 08:11 AM
i have a welded diff, my first one only had spot welds on each of the sun gears, it only lasted about 2 months, now i have 2 thick plates of steel on each side of the sun gears that have been welded all the way around on both sides of the centre, engineer bloke did it for me, bloody awsome job!! dosent even wine!!! WIN

bigdaddykane
22nd June 2009, 01:06 AM
WELD it

Sprinter86
22nd June 2009, 01:14 AM
WELD it x2

Cerby86
22nd June 2009, 02:07 AM
i got my borgie welded up and to be honest other than the shuddering, skipping and squealing when im turning, its actually not any louder than it was before. No whining or anything.
I drive mine as a daily and ocassionally i want to get rid of it like when im trying to park in front of whingy old people or cops :P But its wicked for everything else!! Plus i almost got bogged the other day and i wouldn't have been able to get out without the diff :P

squish_m8
22nd June 2009, 11:50 AM
on a low budget nothing wrong with welding

joeyjoejoejuniorshabadoo
24th June 2009, 01:42 AM
i have a weldy in my ke and a sexy nismo 1.5 way in my r33
they pretty much do the same job...

if you are not after a polished street car then weld is definately the way to go!

dr1ft-pig
24th June 2009, 07:51 AM
just weld it....

44GTE
24th June 2009, 08:43 AM
Hi

I have a couple of TRD 2 ways to suit or even a couple of Open T series if needed

Cheers

Konakid
24th June 2009, 11:28 AM
Weld it, the next 2 weeks of chucking ringies will make you forget all about how clunky it is.

Robo86
24th June 2009, 12:48 PM
get a lsd if u can afford it, lock it if u cant