PDA

View Full Version : Best pads for rear lockup

northy
23rd February 2013, 05:17 PM
Hey guys,

Looking for peoples advice on rear pads for best lock up. Tell us what you've had experience with?

Regards,

Mick

Jacobxxx
24th February 2013, 08:38 PM
On what?

northy
24th February 2013, 08:42 PM
Sorry t series disc rear end

slide86
24th February 2013, 08:57 PM
Its very important to have the rear calipers adjusted up correctly in order to have the handbrake work effectively

lots of people say the disc handbrake is no good, but its usually due to the fact the handbrake mechanism on the calipers is incorrectly setup and adjusted.

there is a really good write up about this, but i cant find it at the moment

AJPS
25th February 2013, 08:47 AM
its on club 4ag

Rice86
25th February 2013, 02:04 PM
Project Mu D1 Spec because drift yo!

northy
25th February 2013, 03:26 PM
Cheers Richard,

Any reason for the recommendation, how do they grab. Do they need to heat up at all?

Regards,

Mick

Rice86
25th February 2013, 04:07 PM
copied from their site

'For the drifter…..
With very high initial friction, this rear brake pad is designed to help reduce the effort required to lock the rear wheels. Very popular in the Japanese drift scene, this pad will offer you a performance advantage for minimal cost.
Used by top drifters in Japan and Australia and the USA. "

i wouldn't doubt their word, it is project Mu after all, sounds very vague saying this but it is what it is, its good and proven lol

never tried these before but with any good performing pads should be able to lock the rear with hand brake lever considering your handbrake works correctly first.

northy
25th February 2013, 04:47 PM
Appreciated Richard, just looking for peoples experience with pads they have used. I have heard mixed reports about p mu pads