PDA

View Full Version : Earthing kits

Anthony13
6th March 2013, 09:40 PM
Hey all I've had a problem with my s14 earthing out on something I fixed the wires that melted and ran an extra wire of them to some metal part of the body to try and prevent it from happening again, but I was told to get one of them earthing kits for it and I heard that car can run a lot smoother and more responsive as well as noticing more brightness form headlights and a better crisper sound from stereo! So what I want to no is yay / nay?
And what do you do if your battery's in the boot?

pt_y2k
6th March 2013, 09:52 PM
What your gonna notice will be minimal if any...I'd spend the money elsewhere and just make sure your original grounds from battery to chassis,chassis to engine block are good clean surfaces and connections.

Sam-Q
7th March 2013, 12:22 AM
every ecu runs on it's own regulated 5 volt power supply, unless your ignition is getting power it's not going to make anything run different. All you want is a few good earths- one of them subframe to as close to the starter as possible

Hen may possibly be a nut
7th March 2013, 06:18 AM
car can run a lot smoother and more responsive as well as noticing more brightness form headlights and a better crisper sound from stereo
All classic, unable to be measured, bullshit claims about earthing kits/voltage stabilisers/energy polarisers. As mentioned, just make sure your earth cables are a decent size and have good contact.

Also adding some punctuation to your post would make it far, far easier to read and understand.

Anthony13
7th March 2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the advice on this peeps!

And I didn't think that people would care about bad punctuation, you obviously have nothing better to do!

lolwat
7th March 2013, 10:10 PM
people do them on evo's cables everywhere, they shit house, same as those "voltage stabilizers" RUBBISH