PDA

View Full Version : 4age conversion

brassallslide86
20th June 2009, 12:50 PM
hey guys, im looking to convert my 86 from 4ac to 4age was wondering do i need to buy i rwd half cut 86 or could i get the 4age out of a front wheel drive and bolt it up to my rwd t50, will the wiring loom still fit, is there any minor technical problems involved in this conversion?

cheers

ke70dave
20th June 2009, 12:53 PM
noooooooooooooo

ok your new so ill be lenient

what you are talking about is what this website is alllll about

google 4age rwd conversions and youll get a billion websites with alot of information

look for bill sherwoods page, its great.

in short

all 16V's bolt up to a t50 gearbox.

the RWD jap intake manifld will fit on all bigport 4ages (86 or 96kw)

the wiring of a 4age is simple, and only takes a bit of studying the wiring diagrams. it wont plug into your car, but it will be quite easy to get working (like 4 wires)

technical problems? not really. its all bolt in when you get the right bits.

good luck

sundee
20th June 2009, 06:30 PM
Dave havent u answered nearly 4 of the same questions in the last week?

Ok guys a tip for all the newbies. Its great to see u here, this is a great place to read about just about everything u want to know about your 86 or 70 or rona whatever u drive.
All the questions that u want to ask... have already been asked.. i think its nearly 4 on this same topic in the last week n a half.

use the search, scroll throught all the tech Q's and articles and members rides and u WILL find everything u need to know.

have fun. i think i have square eyes from reading all day

Jonny Rochester
21st June 2009, 12:47 AM
Why would you want a 4A-GE anyway? I was driving a customers 4AG-Corolla the other day. I was on the highway and put it back to 2nd gear and it just sounded like a sewing machine. Get something with a bit more of a note.

brassallslide86
21st June 2009, 04:46 AM
thanks for your help guys, i was origanally thinking about an sr20 or 3sge or something along those line i just thought 4age would be an easy conversion to gain a little more power and more reliability, im a bit new to this web site so i dont really know how to navigate it much but i will try up load some pic of my 86 tomorow:)

sundee
21st June 2009, 08:34 PM
Why would you want a 4A-GE anyway? I was driving a customers 4AG-Corolla the other day. I was on the highway and put it back to 2nd gear and it just sounded like a sewing machine. Get something with a bit more of a note.

jonny.. is your hearing ok?

4a 16v quads cams extractors and straight thru exhaust FTW!!!

induction noise is awsome

rthy
21st June 2009, 09:13 PM
4ac is the new IN

shift_rook
21st June 2009, 09:38 PM
i hear highly worked 7ac's are also on the in!

Vance
21st June 2009, 09:40 PM
you both got it all wrong

http://astrx.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/2jz.jpg

Jonny Rochester
21st June 2009, 11:28 PM
jonny.. is your hearing ok?

4a 16v quads cams extractors and straight thru exhaust FTW!!!

induction noise is awsome

The ones I drive are often totaly stock AE92s, and that's how I prefer to keep them.

My 20v AE86 is just sitting there waiting for me to find 2 hours so I can fire it up and go for the first drive. No hurry.

sundee
22nd June 2009, 01:06 AM
The ones I drive are often totaly stock AE92s, and that's how I prefer to keep them.

My 20v AE86 is just sitting there waiting for me to find 2 hours so I can fire it up and go for the first drive. No hurry.

FWD FAIL... u know your itching to hear the sweet symphony of 4 individual throttle boddies in complete harmonic tune ;)