PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal adjustment

anastasios
23rd March 2013, 02:56 PM
Hi all,

Got my new clutch/fly/thrust bearing in, but i want to lower the friction point as it is right at the top atm.

I have tried screwing the fork on the top of the clutch pedal in but it seems to be the same?

Any tips appreciated

car is ae71 with adm t50 bell using a smallport flywheel and clutch

dove grey 64
23rd March 2013, 04:49 PM
Is your clutch master a protex part or gen Toyota? If its supermarket you'll either have to swap the pin for a gen one or cut down the supermarket one depending on what you have

dove grey 64
23rd March 2013, 04:50 PM
"supermarket" damn auto correct

anastasios
23rd March 2013, 05:15 PM
Is your clutch master a protex part or gen Toyota? If its supermarket you'll either have to swap the pin for a gen one or cut down the supermarket one depending on what you have

how would i be able to tell?

dove grey 64
23rd March 2013, 05:27 PM
Good question. Does it look like the pin has a lot of adjustment or is it mixed out? Protex pins are too long

dove grey 64
23rd March 2013, 05:29 PM
Gen ones might have aisin cast into it

anastasios
23rd March 2013, 05:55 PM
Atm the rod is hitting the pedal and cannot be adjusted anymore, screwing it on makes pedal lower right?

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/7/5/506180.jpg

dove grey 64
23rd March 2013, 06:35 PM
Yeah that's aftermarket . Take the pin out and cut off about 5 to 10 mm off it. You can take out the pin while its in the car. There is a hexagonal press clip type thing holding it in. Pop it off with a flat head screw driver. Here is a tip, wind a nut down the thread before you cut off the excess. That way if you damage the thread while cutting just undo the nut and on its way off it should clean up the thread

dove grey 64
23rd March 2013, 07:50 PM
from memory the factory rod/pin is 12mm shorter in length then the protex aftermarket clutch master.
some guys have gotten away with not modifying the protex pins but the majority of people have issues with it.
you might have to run the rod/pin through a tap to give it some more thread of adjustment.
when i had this issue i swapped the oem rod/pin back in place of the aftermarket one.

anastasios
24th March 2013, 09:39 AM
so the oem rod fits in place of the aftermarket one if all goes to fail?

dove grey 64
24th March 2013, 09:57 AM
Sure does