PDA

View Full Version : Help removing outside window trim

Mirko
5th April 2013, 11:13 AM
Am in process of stripping my AE86 and want to know is there a way to remove the outside window trim. Just want to ensure l dont bend them etc

Delazy
5th April 2013, 12:22 PM
Front? Or quarter windows?

I managed to lever them with a screwdriver without damaging clips nor bending them...

If your stripping a spare car I'd be keen to buy the rear quarter window clips/screw tho :)

Mirko
5th April 2013, 12:34 PM
All windows. But the rear ones are the ones l am concerned about. I am also stripping the same on a spare car to sell ill post all parts up. Hey quick one where did you get ur koyo rad and oil cooler from?

Delazy
5th April 2013, 12:45 PM
Like most of my stuff I buy direct from Japan or via RHDjapan and various forum sponsors when the prices are good...

it's been 5 years worth of collecting bits and pieces..my advice would be worry about chassis preparation and motor before you bother with the parts/minor bits an pieces...

Mirko
5th April 2013, 12:56 PM
Yeah thats what l am doing. Soda blasting the body to find and repair all the rust have a few bits in door sill and back window but nothing major. Just thought l would ask

Delazy
5th April 2013, 01:12 PM
Sounds like mine..pretty normal these days

Mirko
5th April 2013, 01:35 PM
Gonna keep track of the build http://projectae86.tumblr.com/

dove grey 64
5th April 2013, 05:38 PM
Use a plastic type prying tool. Also examine the workshop manual online to see the fitting process. That way you can workout how they attach and how they should remove easily. Not a part you want to be chasing up later if you can avoid it

Mirko
8th April 2013, 12:27 PM
thanks guys managed to get it took my time so now have 2 sets of window trims if anyone wants to buy a set