PDA

View Full Version : cam info? (for 4age 16v)

pen15
21st June 2009, 12:05 PM
hey all i need to know something about my new cams

i have got myself some hks cam shafts 265 at 8.1mm lift and the other same duration but 8.35 mm lift at what point do your camshafts have interference from stock lift

also another question what are the 2 pins on the ecu you have to cross to get the bastard to idle correctly

sundee
21st June 2009, 06:26 PM
what do u mean interferance from stock lift? ECU wise? ive heard of 272 cams being ran on stock ecu.. lift wise, i think once u start going a bit over 8mm lift u need valve springs n the like.. not sure if lift effects much... it may.. i dont know.

as for pins on the ecu.. i dont think u have to change anything.. i know that from Frak's thread about tuning he tuned a 4ag 16v with cams 264 8.1mm on a stockk ecu.. had cam gears to get it idleing right.. thats all. made 90rwkw

pen15
21st June 2009, 09:43 PM
yeah i know in my past thread of cams that even a 305dur will work on a stock ecu as some bloke had them on his 4age but thats another story

but as for interference the 4age can have both inlet side and exhaust side cams open and you will not bend valves if the cam lift is stock but when increasing the lift i know there is a threshold

as for valve springs i know that you don't have to change them until you bump up the limiter over stock

slide86
21st June 2009, 09:54 PM
when are both valves going to be open that far at the same time?

you dont mean valve to piston clearance do you?

pen15
21st June 2009, 09:57 PM
when are both valves going to be open that far at the same time?

you dont mean valve to piston clearance do you?

yes i know that stock lift wont allow for them to bend valves if say the timing on the inlet side is 180deg out or say you snap a timing belt

at wat lift will it become valve snapping mayhem

gumbie
21st June 2009, 11:23 PM
I think around 9mm lift, And why would you want your car to "Idle Properly".. When you put cams in you expect the sexy lumpy idle lol.. I run the same cams in my Bigport, but my idle just sits at 1000 because i have a microtec

sundee
22nd June 2009, 12:19 AM
mine idles like a pig matt.. with same cams 264 8.1mm