PDA

View Full Version : Choices on New AE86 Coilovers

Tally
29th May 2013, 08:42 AM
Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy a set of brand new front AE86 coilovers.

Ive searched but funnily enough havnt found much.

Ive searched ebay and seen the BC stuff, not sure if its any good, cant find much on these forums regarding new coilovers and cant seem to find much on yahoo...

Also wanting to know if most new coilovers run stock strut tube length, cause as they are going in my KE25 and im going low, the strut tube length may need to be shorter hence the need to run short stroke shock in the front...

Any help greatly appreciated.

lolwat
29th May 2013, 08:48 AM
pm shift_rook(chris) at shockworks

Matt
29th May 2013, 11:56 AM
BC's are rubbish, they feel like when you hit the slightest bump you will be catapulted into the bushes.

KurtHS
29th May 2013, 12:30 PM
Definitely look into Shockworks mate, Chris and his old man are great to deal with and their setup is bang on the best.

Scroll down in the sub-forum list and you'll see Shockworks as a forum sponsor.

jakel
29th May 2013, 03:06 PM
I've got BC's and they aren't too bad but in saying that shockworks ones aren't that much more and defiantly worth it.

AJPS
29th May 2013, 04:45 PM
what are you doing with the car tally/

Jrad
29th May 2013, 05:14 PM
Coilovers have been covered a million times.

BC - Generally considered the best of the cheap ones. They are an alright and relatively cheap coilover. $1200ish. I'm running them in my daily. They handle fine, but spring rates are probably too hard for a daily being 6kg and 8kg. I would've gone 4kg and 6kg.

Shockworks - Aussie support and managed, Haven't personally experienced them, but are definitely considering them for my 86. Good support network, and will do a few custom touches, and the guys are helpful. Budget around $2000 I think they are?

There are a LOT of cheap ones around, so just be wary.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/70749-Shockworks-AE86-Suspension

Jacobxxx
29th May 2013, 06:58 PM
I like built coilovers opposed to off the shelf.

dove grey 64
29th May 2013, 08:00 PM
Jarred summed it up well, I have shockworks and would recommend them to anyone which I think is enough praise for any product.

Tally
29th May 2013, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, its just a street car so im after 4kg/5kg.

shockworks getting good rep, sounds promising.

Konakid
30th May 2013, 08:19 PM
AJPS Bilstein coilover with CUSCO top!

KurtHS
2nd June 2013, 03:14 PM
Shockworks kit comes with complete front coilovers as well as rear springs, adjustable spring seats and rear shocks.

They were doing a sale this week $1800 for all that, if you get in today and put a deposit down you could maybe get the kit for $1800!