PDA

View Full Version : RA65 Alternator suit 22re - Brisbane - Urgently!

LittleRedSpirit
12th June 2013, 05:45 PM
:girl:

Need your help!

I need an alternator from a RA65 or RT142 22re engine.

Failing that one from a YN63 4 runner is identical.

0416 193 936 - In brisbane.

Urgently rqd. Will pay freight.

Im also looking for 14x6.5 jap style rims. Let me know what you have in zero to plus 10 offset.

toyotakraze
12th June 2013, 07:35 PM
Can you not get yours rebuilt?

Also ma61 i know they have been done but... they do look good

LittleRedSpirit
12th June 2013, 08:16 PM
No its well rooted.

Someone cooked all the important bits by letting it fall off and short out while the car was running, most likely the guy who got it running before the sale and ebayed it.

pt_y2k
12th June 2013, 10:13 PM
Is it a new or old type denso alt? I have a few lying around there,if there similar amperage depending on the damage done to yours could prob put one together for you..any part no's or pics?

LukeKE11
12th June 2013, 11:26 PM
Have one here in SA I can post if you cant find local.

$60 posted.

LittleRedSpirit
14th June 2013, 10:26 AM
Is it a new or old type denso alt? I have a few lying around there,if there similar amperage depending on the damage done to yours could prob put one together for you..any part no's or pics?

Its the exact same alternator as a 4age uses, except its front casting is mirror reversed. All internals are identical. I have 2x Bigport alternators here, so I have all the bits. I just dont know how to test the electronics to know whether my spares are any good.

pt_y2k
14th June 2013, 08:32 PM
If ya want drop over what ya have to me tomor feel free, il have a play with them over the weekend and see if there's enough to put one together for ya...

LittleRedSpirit
15th June 2013, 07:40 AM
If ya want drop over what ya have to me tomor feel free, il have a play with them over the weekend and see if there's enough to put one together for ya...

Thanks alot for the offer of your time. I was able to get a reco one for 187 bucks which is half the cost of new and it has a 40000klm or 2 year warranty. I was stoked to find that. It is only a little bit over the cost of a new reg, and it has a new reg in it. That was from an auto electrical place at Sandgate. Worst thing was the drive there.

Another guy also came out of the woodwork on Toymods and has an original one in St Lucia less than 5 minutes away.

I love the power of the internet. Make a couple of posts and see the car community come together to get a brother on the road. Makes you feel like you are part of something bigger and better than a simple hobby.