PDA

View Full Version : AE71 no start after replacing alternator.

Hazzard
8th July 2013, 07:25 PM
Car model:AE71 panno

Engine type:4ac

Problem: so. recently i sauced a panno. i drove it home sweet, drove it a few other times, and then the alternator died. so i replaced that, and ever since i have tried to start the car, i havent had any spark at all. so far ive replaced the dizzy cap, leads, plugs, points, coil and ballast resistor. still nothing. and getting pretty tired of working against a brick wall. all help would be appreciated!

pt_y2k
8th July 2013, 10:37 PM
Had you thebattery disconnected while changing the alt? Might have strikes the cable off something and blown afuse?

Hazzard
9th July 2013, 08:56 PM
yeah i had the battery still connected. if i may have shorted it out, when sorta fuse/relay would it blow?

pt_y2k
9th July 2013, 09:28 PM
There should be one or two fuses on the positive battery connection,and fusible links there also,that's more than likely where your prob is!

Hazzard
9th July 2013, 09:39 PM
ae71 sedan/panno wiring diagram the same, yeah?

pt_y2k
9th July 2013, 09:47 PM
Ya would say so,you won't need a diagram,just grab a test light or meter and check those fuses,if there okay check the fusible links at the same location! If I get motivated enough il go outside and check which actual one is for the alternator on my car and report back..:D

Hazzard
9th July 2013, 10:01 PM
im goona be honest and say, i cant find any fusible links anywhere around the ignition/starter/alternator side of the engine bay. or are they located further back somewhere else?

Skylar
10th July 2013, 11:41 AM
They don't have a fusible link looking fusible link. There's a short (1.5" long) section of yellow and green wires straight off the positive terminal that go to a 3 pin connector with thick wires. They're the fusible links in a KE70. Check for continuity across them. I have no idea which is which.

Hazzard
11th July 2013, 02:54 PM
just tried testing the yellow and green wires, theyre all fine, so is the think white/cream wire after it. tested 90% of the other wires, they were all good too.I also tested all the wires going to and from the coil, 12 volts too. are there any fuses/relays specifically for the ignition/coil?