Steering knuckles - Stronger then factory ones
Front sway bar - whiteline or another good brand
Bolt on Wheel flares
Supplier of good kits at decent price for full kit for 86
TRD style bolt on wing

Prefer sydney but interstate ok

Delazy
16th July 2013, 04:02 PM
You won't get stronger steering knuckles than standard ones...unless you go to the t3 ones which are basically just a direct replacement anyways (heavy/chunky/unbreakable)

Mirko
16th July 2013, 04:23 PM
You won't get stronger steering knuckles than standard ones...unless you go to the t3 ones which are basically just a direct replacement anyways (heavy/chunky/unbreakable)

So u think best to use them for now?

Any idea where to get body kit parts?

Matt
16th July 2013, 05:11 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TOYOTA-AE86-SPRINTER-LEVIN-D-MAX-STYLE-BODY-KIT-/251215223495?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7d981ac7#ht_1933wt_1255

These work with a lil adjustment

drift kid
17th July 2013, 08:02 AM
T3 ones won't be stronger, they are an alloy replacement, will bend easier than the oem items I guarantee

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

AJPS
17th July 2013, 07:28 PM
I have signature front swaybars, check my section or website. Had some good feedback from them

War_Machine
18th July 2013, 03:22 PM
You might be able to find a TRD N2 kit from trademe.co.nz in New Zealand, but as far as shipping I have no idea.

sundee
20th July 2013, 03:54 PM
T3 ones won't be stronger, they are an alloy replacement, will bend easier than the oem items I guarantee

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

T3 Knuckles are not alloy... they are Steel.

Ive got a selbys adjustable sway bar.. 24mm front, 20mm rear. both as new, both blade adjustable.

PM me if interested in anything above.

Sam-Q
22nd July 2013, 12:06 AM
the T3 arms are built like a tank, I would count on the locating pins, bottom bolts or the tie rods snapping before they do. That said though they look heavy and the factory arms don't break so I wouldn't buy them for that reason, but rather the different arm length.

AJPS
22nd July 2013, 12:56 AM
the T3 arms are built like a tank, I would count on the locating pins, bottom bolts or the tie rods snapping before they do. That said though they look heavy and the factory arms don't break so I wouldn't buy them for that reason, but rather the different arm length.

its a common theme throughout the range

Sam-Q
22nd July 2013, 01:08 AM
its a common theme throughout the range

yes I noticed! making traction brackets much (3x ???) thicker than the diff brackets they bolt on to is a bit odd. It's very American

drift kid
22nd July 2013, 07:37 AM
Woah, were they alloy at a previous time? I'm sure that I have seen a pair in aluminum, sorry for the confusion

sundee
24th July 2013, 01:02 PM
Fuk Sam ... Can't help yourself can you.
You have now gone on my list of true dickheads.
It might bite you in the ass one day.

sundee
24th July 2013, 01:02 PM
Nah never alloy Ben.. But I'd like to see them made of alloy

drift kid
24th July 2013, 01:43 PM
Okay fair enough, why would you like to see that? Would be pretty easy

sundee
24th July 2013, 03:08 PM
I think you could make them strong enough, it's on my to do's

Sam-Q
24th July 2013, 04:03 PM
I don't get it, I said they where excessively strong yet on the heavy side. I highlighted the good and pad impartially, how does that make me a dickhead?

Sam-Q
24th July 2013, 04:31 PM
if you where to make some out of aluminium you would want the grain to run lengthways. You could fit steel inserts for the collars, I don't know if it would be needed though. As for fatigue that's the unknown, if they would one day just give up from long term load is the big question. If they where thick enough I would take an educated guess and say the the service life would be longer than the use of most peoples cars for that purpose.

AJPS
24th July 2013, 06:25 PM
if you where to make some out of aluminium you would want the grain to run lengthways. You could fit steel inserts for the collars, I don't know if it would be needed though. As for fatigue that's the unknown, if they would one day just give up from long term load is the big question. If they where thick enough I would take an educated guess and say the the service life would be longer than the use of most peoples cars for that purpose.

what about the 'snap' factor

steel bends a lot before it breaks

drift kid
24th July 2013, 07:04 PM
Most metals do, it all comes down to the grade