PDA

View Full Version : Microtech lt10s 4agte wirng into my ae86 levin help !!!!

lanceae86
29th July 2013, 02:38 PM
hey guys im sure someone has posted something like this before but here goes anyways...

ive just switched to a microtech lt10s sequential fire ver 1.0
and im stuck on wiring up the ignition wiring side.. i dont have a x4 box!!!

4agze CAS plug:
red wire->?
yellow wire->?
white wire->?
green wire->?

microtech cas wiring:
light blue- ground
green- crank input 1
red- crank input 2

also need to wire up some coilpacks will i need to wire up a ignitor module for this??
whats the best coilpacks to use and easy to get... and how to wire them up
microtech
ignition output#1 -grey/red
ignition output#2 -grey/black
ignition output#3 -grey/green
ignition output#4 -grey/white

i havent done much aftermarket wiring in the past
appart from above listed ive done inj and other sonsers are wired up ready to go..
0438896054 or you can email me on lancer069@hotmail.com

cheers

Hen may possibly be a nut
29th July 2013, 03:20 PM
Have a Google for 4AGZE CAS wires. It's out there, either on here, Toymods or both. Can't remember them off the top of my head at the moment. But opening up the CAS gives you a good idea. The wire which is common to all pickups is ground. Then there is one pickup on a 24 tooth wheel (24 pulses per cam rev), that goes to one of the crank inputs. The other two pickups have a single tooth wheel and give the same signal (1 pulse per cam rev), just phased differently, one of these goes to the other crank input. You'll have to read up on what input the Microtech expects on which wire.

Whether you need an ignitor or not depends on whether the coils have builtin ignitors, or whether the Microtech has builtin ignitors (though it sounds like it probably doesn't). There's plenty of options if you need some external ones, Bosch 008 from an old Camira, Microtech 4 ignitor box, etc, etc. You'll need to check the Microtech setup and see if it expects:

Ign output 1 - cyl 1
Ign output 2 - cyl 2

Or
Ign output 1 - first cylinder in the firing order
Ign output 2 - second cylinder in the firing order

I'd guess #2, but you'll need to read the manual to know for sure.
Good luck