PDA

View Full Version : okay, injector wiring

ian6375
27th June 2009, 03:33 PM
hi

I've got an ae82 bigport 4age in my ke, everything is wiring up and working fine except the injectors aren't firing.

I have the constant positive connected to IG2 and #10 and #20 to the ecu and thats all. Am i missing something??

If i touch either #10 or #10 to a ground the injector fire sweet and fuel goes everywhere, so I'm guessing something is going wrong with my ecu. before i try another ecu has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers for any help
Ian

yoshimitsu9
27th June 2009, 04:44 PM
have you made sure that the earth in the loom near the injectors is bolted to the manifold?

that may be the root of your problems

slide86
27th June 2009, 10:20 PM
what loom are you using? rwd or the fwd one?

you need power to batt, +b1 and b+. if you dont have these wired to power, then the ECU wont actually turn on.

make sure the earth that goes on the inlet manifold is bolted down (brown wires)

you might need to give the ecu a crank reference which will be a black/white wire (on FWD looms)

also, ive found that sometimes you need to give the YELLOW wire "ign on" voltage to actually turn the injectors on, but in your case it sounds like they are getting power, just not an earth.

make sure ALL your earths are in good order (they are brown wires) its also good to put an extra large earth cable from the head to the battery, makes such a difference to cranking and engine running

ian6375
28th June 2009, 07:00 PM
thanks for the quick replies

its a fwd loom

ive got all the brown grounds from the ecu earthed inside the car, ill double check in a minute that its a good connection.

It sparks so i guess the ecu is turning on fine?

which black/white wire are u talking about silde86, the only B/W wires ive got is the STA one going to the starter motor trigger etc and the A/C one which im not using.

And ill also connect up the big earth from the head properly now.

slide86
28th June 2009, 09:34 PM
there should be an earth wire that bolts to the middle of the inlet manifold, between runners 2 and 3. if you dont have that bolted down, you wont get any injector operation.

yeah, if you have that STA one connected, thats all good.

ian6375
9th July 2009, 03:00 PM
im still stumped on this...

im pretty sure every one of the grounds is earthed out.

Could my problem be that my plugs dont have wires of the FS & BF pin outs?

If i open up the ecu there are pins for both of these but no wire on the plugs.

FS doesnt look all that important, as im not running the efi fail safe relay #2.

But BF says its "Power feed from 'Run' position to ECU and main injectors"

Could this be my problem??

Cheers Ian

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4739&stc=1&d=1247111949

these pin outs ^^