PDA

View Full Version : ACL Closing down

Jimmee1990
13th February 2014, 11:58 AM
Hello everyone,

Not sure if any/all of you are aware of this or not but ACL is finally closing down after being in receivership for several years. If you have bearings, gaskets etc that you want I would suggest getting them soon as they will disappear fairly rapidly as many part numbers already have. If you have something you can't get I do talk to the factory fairly regularly.

It will be interesting to see who if anyone starts making good bearings for 4A-GE's for a start.

Matt
13th February 2014, 01:54 PM
I've always used king bearings...

AJPS
13th February 2014, 06:48 PM
same as national parts - companies cant cope

soon it will be just fast food outlets, servos, supermarkets, coffee shops and pubs left

z_brutalis
13th February 2014, 09:27 PM
thanks to the current government not shelling out to keep the auto industry a float now

Matt
14th February 2014, 05:46 PM
I more or less blame it on the auto industry manufacturers producing shit cars. I reckon a 30 year old corolla is built better than a 5 yr old commodore or falcon.

Slimer86
14th February 2014, 05:49 PM
Um, incorrect. Automotive manufacturing has been on a downward spiral since the early 90's (1991 I believe is the year Paul Keating (labor) had the recession which Australia had to have) resulting in the likes of Nissan Australia closing it's manufacturing facilities in dandenong.
Around the same time Toyota paired with Holden to release joint models (lexan / Commodore, Apollo / Camry etc), and ford also with Mazda (global).

dove grey 64
14th February 2014, 06:53 PM
Keen to see how kenworth fairs in all this.

Allenriddoch
26th February 2014, 04:02 PM
Hi, Thanks for the update..