PDA

View Full Version : Std computer with 4age bigport turbo?

bokchoi
22nd May 2014, 03:17 PM
hey guys im looking at putting a turbo on my 4age bigport. i just want to know if its possible to use a std computer? i only wanna run like 6 psi through a t25 or a tdo4 cheers.

Skylar
22nd May 2014, 03:39 PM
Garage dori were doing it years back when Megasquirt was still new. Karl's car ran an MSnSextra from memory and that was considered fancy. All the info was on their website but it's not around any more. So it's not impossible but it's crazy to try these days when there's computers everywhere.

Jimmee1990
22nd May 2014, 04:00 PM
Is this with an N/A or GZE ECU? The standard N/A ECU won't run it, it has no reference for positive manifold pressure.

Matt
22nd May 2014, 04:15 PM
I've seen people do it with a gze ecu, but it never ran as good as one on an aftermarket ecu.

If you attempt it, don't be surprised if you melt the ringlands...

bokchoi
22nd May 2014, 08:29 PM
ok thanks guys that easy lol. im running a ge computer. looks like microtec it is lol. now just gotta try find a S/H one

Matt
22nd May 2014, 08:33 PM
Adaptronic or haltech is what I'd recommend

bokchoi
22nd May 2014, 08:49 PM
never herd of adaptonic? haltec i know has always been good. i used to run e6k on my tx3 many moon ago. any reason why not microtec?

Big T
22nd May 2014, 08:56 PM
Nothing specifically wrong with a Microtech... they are just getting a bit old now and have not kept up with the rest of the ecus. There are not many load/tune points in it compared to new ecus. I run one myself in my ae86 but plan to re-haltech it to make use of the eflex sensor.

bokchoi
22nd May 2014, 09:46 PM
ok cool. do any of u guys know if adaptroic. do a plug an play for the 4age 16v? like they do for the 20v cheers

Skylar
23rd May 2014, 01:20 AM
It's like 2010 man, move into the future and get sequential injection and ignition. Neither of which a bigport 4a loom is set up for. Might as well do it now rather than later.
It's not essential but your ecu is gonna come with it so why not take advantage of it. It'll make it easier to pass emissions if it needs to.
On the other hand, if you can't find anyone, I can make you a plug in patch loom from 4a loom to whatever ecu. Try kaizen garage first though. I can't really be bothered doing it.