PDA

View Full Version : F series diff broken gears 😖

AE86BatGirl
16th June 2014, 03:53 AM
I just broke my rear end gears the pinion and crown gear and I am having such a hard time finding new ones to replace them with. Does anyone know where I can buy these gears or maybe even switch out my rear end to another rear end where I might be able to find rear gear easily since it is my drift car. I have only had the car for about 4 months now so I am berly learning the ins-and-outs of the car.

LittleRedSpirit
16th June 2014, 09:01 AM
Depending on the ratio you can get them from lexus is200, ma61, tarago, any other car with an F diff really.

Hen may possibly be a nut
16th June 2014, 10:55 AM
F series diff gears should be easy to find new, especially in the US. They were used in the front of some Hiluxs so there are plenty of aftermarket parts available.

One of the first hits I had on Google (scroll down): http://www.drivetrainshop.com/Toyota_7_5_s/120.htm

Jip86
16th June 2014, 02:32 PM
i bought mine using ebay from a company called complete off road, 4.556:1 for about 300 landed.

you can get whatever ratio you want.

Just make sure to buy Toyota 7.5" Standard rotation gears and not reverse.

AE86BatGirl
16th June 2014, 06:58 PM
i bought mine using ebay from a company called complete off road, 4.556:1 for about 300 landed.

you can get whatever ratio you want.

Just make sure to buy Toyota 7.5" Standard rotation gears and not reverse.

thank all you guys for the help I'm currently looking for them now.

AE86BatGirl
17th June 2014, 01:29 AM
F series diff gears should be easy to find new, especially in the US. They were used in the front of some Hiluxs so there are plenty of aftermarket parts available.

One of the first hits I had on Google (scroll down): http://www.drivetrainshop.com/Toyota_7_5_s/120.htm

What at gear ratio would you prefer for drifting since the website you showed me seemed to a nice selection so might as well get a good ratio.

AE86BatGirl
19th June 2014, 01:32 AM
Depending on the ratio you can get them from lexus is200, ma61, tarago, any other car with an F diff really.

So I found out that I have a T series rear end but I want to upgrade to a F series what cars can I get them out of?? I can't find any IS300 or MA61 and I don't know what a tarago is.

LittleRedSpirit
19th June 2014, 10:28 AM
Tarago/Estima/People mover shithouse from early 90s. They are a bit wider. I have one from an older corona that is a more suitable width, but the mounts had to be welded on in the right spot. I used the lexus rs200 lsd, which can be had cheaply on ebay. Its a type 2 torsen, for drifting you might want a clutch type trd lsd. I used the original gears from the corona diff as they were very tidy and they were 3.9s and my motor doesnt rev too high.

Celica RA45
19th June 2014, 04:36 PM
try to find the 1st celica supra .they came out with a f series over in your country called a MA47celica supra