PDA

View Full Version : 20V Silvertop Conversion AE86 Problem

Jechz
12th August 2014, 04:27 PM
hey, just this 86 a few months ago from a stock 4AC to a 20V Silvertop its running the microtech LTX-8 ecu, it came as a complete package to just drop in besides a bit of wiring. Check out the video it only starts up if i play with it, but not on its own. cant hold idle.

Its running a 4AGE intake fuel pump, and from front to back its firing 1 - 3 - 4 - 2 which is from what iv been told is the ST proper order.
I tried a few different firing combinations it gets better sometimes but not much change.

Not sure where to go from here, if you guys can think of something let me know. thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbLW9IDoD6k

Matt
12th August 2014, 07:20 PM
What did you do in regards to the IACV ( Idle control valve)?

Does it stay the same once it warms up?

Twisty92
12th August 2014, 07:34 PM
One thing i know for sure is that the microtech will not support the iscv ( idle control) just to get it running there is a pipe at the back of the quad throttles ( the common pipe) that links all 4 throttles together just unplug the pipe to let it get atmosphere and try starting it again and see what happens, it comes off the 4th throttle body near the firewall... i had to make up some solenoids and a thermo switch from jaycar for my cold starting. Sounds like something else could be wrong but just start with that

Jechz
12th August 2014, 08:31 PM
Thanks guys, i removed that pipe on the back for the quads throttles and it holds idle :)) sounds good too, now just the little things need to be done. This was really doing my head in haha

Twisty92
12th August 2014, 08:43 PM
awesome :) let it get to operating temp and block that pipe off and see what the idle sits at then then you'll know if you gotta play with the throttles or not

Jechz
12th August 2014, 09:15 PM
alright will do cheers

Futo_gt86
14th August 2014, 08:58 PM
I got pretty much the same set up.
That pipe had me stumped for like 3 weeks.
I was chasing timing, firing order and idle fuel settings too.

One thing i know for sure is that the microtech will not support the iscv ( idle control) just to get it running there is a pipe at the back of the quad throttles ( the common pipe) that links all 4 throttles together just unplug the pipe to let it get atmosphere and try starting it again and see what happens, it comes off the 4th throttle body near the firewall... i had to make up some solenoids and a thermo switch from jaycar for my cold starting. Sounds like something else could be wrong but just start with that

Twisty, do you have a bill of materials for Jaycar parts used to get the cold start working?
What RPM does yours idle at?