PDA

View Full Version : [NSW] FS Volvo 7.75" diff upgrade

Big T
12th August 2014, 09:26 PM
Hey all.

I have a spare diff here for sale. It's a Volvo 244 diff perfect for an ae86/ke70/ta22/ra23 conversion. Was originally for another project that never eventuated. It has not been re-bracketed yet but I can give you contacts for the people that do it. 1400 wide so you can fit wider wheels with less guard mods. 7.75" ring gear with 28 spline axles. Strength is between an F and G series with about the weight of an f series. Perfect for turbo conversions or high powered NA builds.

Comes with the stock twin pot calipers, open centre, internal drum handbrake setup and handbrake cables on the caliper end. It is basically a Dana diff so LSD choice is massive with these.

It is currently semi-stripped with axles out ready to restud (stock is 5x108). I also have brand new disks to go with it.

When built, you will have a virtually indestructible diff WITH a twin pot rear brake upgrade for free :)

Price: $400 for the lot.
Pickup only from Penrith at this stage. May consider posting but am pretty flat out ATM. Pm or reply here if interested.

Big T
20th August 2014, 08:45 PM
Apparently there is some misinformation regarding the ring gear size. It is either 7.75" OR 7.556". I won't be able to confirm until I remove the cover plate but either way, it is still slightly beefier than an f series.

Still available.

Big T
30th August 2014, 10:41 AM
Weekend bump

Big T
3rd November 2015, 12:29 AM
Just remembered I still have this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ade_Mc
31st July 2016, 10:29 PM
hi mate,

as a rough ball park figure.. what coin would i be looking at to have this thing complete (purchase + mod work, parts, etc) ready to bolt in?

also in syd, was in need of a s series as mine is bent. but if this would work out to be cost effective then i would give it ago...

Big T
5th August 2016, 09:32 AM
Hey mate,

Diff: $400
Re-bracketing around: $400-500
Rebuild calipers: $100
Redrill axles/disks: $200
New Handbrake cables: $150 or get creative with the existing gear.
LSD: New - $600 Welded - cost of wire!
Shorten tailshaft - $100 or new $600.

I haven't checked the bearings but worst case, bearing kit for centre is around $120, wheel bearings - $80

Sounds like a lot but keep in mind you will NEVER break this (unless you're running 400+rwkw). Do it once, do it properly.