View Full Version : AE86 misc bits wanted

Touge Monster
4th September 2014, 04:34 PM

Hi guys, im after a few bits to finish off my wee project, its a oz spec AE86 with a 4AGZE swapped in.

i want to find the factory air box setup to replace the pod filter setup, so from what i can see from pictures these are the bits im after

- intake air box that house the air filter
- the intake pipe that runs across the top of the radiator
- radiator/washer bottles (sits by RHS strut tower)
- brackets (if any) to mount everything

i have decided to make something from the intake to the air box.

white engine bay is what i would like to achieve
red engine bay is what i currently have

im in Bathurst NSW, but happy to travel to pick up or pay for shipping.
please pm me or text or call 0426 965 668 (tel:0426 965 668)

thanks for the help!!

Big T
4th September 2014, 07:57 PM
Just so you know, factory rwd ae86 airbox setup is notoriously expensive. $200 is the normal going rate for them. I needed one to comply my coupe so have one sitting around but would like to keep it just in case a defect pops up. Hit up Craig at justjdmimports as he normally have one or 2 in stock.

Touge Monster
4th September 2014, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up :) Do you know if the K&N Apollo intake systems are legal? With the fully enclosed filter.

Big T
5th September 2014, 02:23 AM
Yeah it will be. As long as the airbox is enclosed, it'll be legal. You still may get arguments if the cop doesn't know what they're looking at. To some, pod is pod. That of course won't matter if you don't have the eng cert for the gze though.

Touge Monster
5th September 2014, 11:14 AM
Its had eng done in Canberra for the engine and few other bits and pieces, I'm not sure if they will pass Blue Slip in NSW as it was done over 10 years ago on the old system, I've made a few calls to RMS and engineers in my area, everyone seem to have a different opinion, taking it in next week so will see what the go is. Overall I want to keep a relatively standard clean and tidy look to it.

munki
25th September 2014, 12:15 AM
I have the airbox and pipe that goes to the intake, but not the part that goes over the intake. Let me know if you are interested.

Touge Monster
25th September 2014, 02:19 PM
I have the airbox and pipe that goes to the intake, but not the part that goes over the intake. Let me know if you are interested.

How much are you after for the air box? Can you text or call me on 0426 965 668. I dont get to go on the forums these days cos of work