PDA

View Full Version : Diff Gear Run In

skizzamods
17th October 2014, 07:30 PM
G'day Fellas,

I just had a new set of Weir gears for my T-Series and they will need some running in..

It's going to be a bit hard to run in on the street, so my question is, how effective would running them in on stands be? I'm guessing that doing this probably won't put enough load on them?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

Big T
17th October 2014, 08:56 PM
Why difficult to run in on the street? You're right though, you normally need some load to lap and mesh the gears in properly. They'll only need couple hundred kms max to run them in. Other option is put it on a dyno if you can't get street kms in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skizzamods
17th October 2014, 11:41 PM
I could do street.. But it needs a permit, will be hard in the time frame I need it done by and it's just not an ideal car to drive on the street..

Matt
18th October 2014, 07:24 AM
Borrow some plates and stay off the main roads :p

skizzamods
18th October 2014, 01:36 PM
That's pretty much how i'll have to do it I'm thinking

AJPS
19th October 2014, 12:02 AM
good luck with the run in

bunki86
19th October 2014, 03:34 PM
arnt you better off with permits than wrong plates ? if the car looks like a heap, ya gonna get pulled over. i much rather get pulled over with driving permits than wrong number plates.

ive heard of people running in gears on stands, forward, reverse letting it cool down a few times and repeating.

Lexsmaz
20th October 2014, 09:46 AM
Did it have new bearings too or just new gears, as its the tighter bearing preloads from New bearings which really need bedding / settling in ...