PDA

View Full Version : Wheels rubbing issue?

narchi
5th January 2009, 11:40 PM
Ok this one is a prob ive never encountered before. The only thing that is starting to cross my mind is that i may have a bent stut or shock.

Basically have 14" rims. not sure on width or offset. Some Watanabe look a likes. Fitted fine before. Ive put Tein coilovers on with trd inserts and camber tops. Now my tyres are scraping on the inner guards not the outter. So i cant just roll it.

I did have full negative camber which i have wound most of it out now so there is a bit of camber. i have also tried raising it but still scrapping on 3 1/4 lock. Just wondering y ive never heard ne1 else with this problem.

Looking on the forums people are talking about extra lock spacers and im having issues with standard lock

Do u guys that lower ur cars and put more lock on do more mods to the inner guards of ur car. If so what?

skaney
6th January 2009, 12:40 AM
adjust the castor forward.. find where its hitting and get rid off the liners if their the problem.

blair
6th January 2009, 01:03 AM
get better offset wheels (more -ve / less +ve)

think about what things would contribute to it hitting there
and its blatently obvious...

narchi
6th January 2009, 01:46 AM
The wheel is rubbing on the Seam in the arch. Can u hammer those down????

Ive adjusted camber and ride height. Castor is as far forward as the factory can go.

Konakid
6th January 2009, 01:52 AM
remove guard liners.

bash said guard seam/lip flat against the outer guard.

R&D Mechanical
6th January 2009, 12:02 PM
Get better caster rods

Gilly
6th January 2009, 01:16 PM
yeah bash those down. rims sound to be pretty positively offsetted. longer LCA or spacers will also help

+1 on removing plastic inner guard liners, its one of the first things you should do on a lowered 86/70/71/72