PDA

View Full Version : 4agze water plumbing?

datto4age
24th November 2014, 10:55 PM
Hi guys I have a 4age blue top in RWD setup, I'm thinking of changing to ae101 gze would like to know if the RWD water plumbing is the same?
And are there many other things that need to be done to convert a 4agze to RWD.
Thanks

Hen may possibly be a nut
25th November 2014, 11:06 PM
Factory RWD Water setup won't work on a 4AGZE (purely from what I've heard and seen on the net) as the thermostat and outlet from the head foul on the SC. You can use the normal FWD remote thermostat housing and FWD pump and head outlet. You'll need to modify the pipes running along the engine, but there are about 1000 writeups on how to do that.

Other bits are:
- a spacer so you can flip the intake pipe leading to the throttle
- modifying SC outlet pipe and inlet manifold for a front mount
- mounting coils somewhere
- maybe moving the alternator to clear the swaybar (can be an issue in AE86s, but sounds like you've got a Datsun anyway)

Again there are a bunch of writeups with way more detail floating round the net.

Hen

jdm86gtz
26th November 2014, 10:30 AM
Using the parts you should have with the 4A-GZE you will be able to do the following:
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/16481-Hooking-up-a-4age-16v-RWD-cooling-system

You cut the water pump suction pipe in 1/2 and reuse it below the S/C bracket, you will need to add the 8mm throttle body coolant pipes to suit.

datto4age
26th November 2014, 08:08 PM
Thanks guys helps heaps.
There is so much info on here! should try and get one all ready converted haha