PDA

View Full Version : Independent Rear End/Differential

tyardy60
6th December 2014, 07:08 AM
I have a car which is using a toyota Corolla?) A86 rear end, which is a live axle with the driveshaft located all the way on the right side.

I am looking for an independent rear end to replace the above.

Are there any other toyota independent rear ends that might use the same 10 bolt pumpkin that A86 utilizes?

the existing End is 49.5" flange to flange. I have a couple of inches +- to play with. If there are any options, would greatly apappreciate any help. thanks.

LittleRedSpirit
6th December 2014, 12:06 PM
Theres no bolt in irs rear end for an ae86. You will have to buy a complete rear end to modify into the car from something else.

drift kid
6th December 2014, 01:11 PM
Lol orright

Hen may possibly be a nut
7th December 2014, 12:52 AM
Can't tell if serious, or trying to spam with links to stuff*

If you are serious, then no, there is no easy bolt in IRS conversion. S13 has been done before. And if your first port of call is to ask on the internet then this project is beyond your capabilities.

* can't be bothered making Fry meme of this.

Matt
8th December 2014, 07:39 AM
My thoughts too so I have removed the links. But will leave the thread open for the benefit of the doubt as over the years we have seen some crazy conversions done that people initially thought no way your dreaming

dove grey 64
8th December 2014, 06:46 PM
I've heard r35 gtr irs bolts straight into ae86's when you use the r35 shell aswell

drift kid
8th December 2014, 06:58 PM
I've heard r35 gtr irs bolts straight into ae86's when you use the r35 shell aswell

Sounds plausible but I'd like to see it done

tyardy60
9th December 2014, 12:45 AM

what is a r35 gtr?

so far we have found 2006 and later miata mx5 to be very likely possibility. there are other options, however we have a kaaz lim diff and from kaaz we are told miata 'pumpkin' is about the same as the ae86 pumpkin, so atleast we can utilize the same lim slip diff. I was just hoping to find a toyota where we could just bolt on the same ae86 pumpkin.

tyardy60
9th December 2014, 12:50 AM
The car is purpose built single seater that happens to use a modified ae86 rear end..

Matt
9th December 2014, 07:32 AM
The links were copy / paste from another forum.

so what you want to do is take the crown wheel / pinion and pumpkin and install it into another diff housing that is irs, but you don't know what housing will suit the ae86 diff center internals.

I feel you are probably better off selling your ae86 diff and getting a diff from an altezza / is200

tyardy60
9th December 2014, 07:51 AM
thank you.. did find, there are no toyota IRS to accept the ae86 pumpkin. we had installed a kaaz lim slip, and wanted to use the same setup..
however, it seems we can at least use the kaaz in a miata 1.8 irs version.. thanks anyway..