PDA

View Full Version : t50 stuck in gear?

4agejet
12th December 2014, 12:39 PM
Hey guys,
Well couple weeks back i thought id take my car out for a small trip to grab dinner with the misses. Now on the way back the unexpected - when trying to shift from 3rd to 4th heard a crunch and it struggled to go into gear - infact it didnt go into 4th at all.. i tried shifting back into third but i had to pull over - oncde car rolled to a stop it stalle .. now it won't start without the clutch being pushed in..
While the car is not running, stick is in neutral position - i can push it around, no issues. i pop it into first - and it locks up cant push it .. right. but i can't start it no matter what gear the selector positioned in - i need the clutch pushed in to be able to start it - and as i release the clutch it stalls..
S0o my conclusion (also an assumption) is that my box is screwed? since i had driven the car over a dozen times for 10-30 min drives at times and never were there signs of anything so im kind of shocked...

Any info helps guys as its not my area of expertise.
All help appreciated..

Willofan
12th December 2014, 02:39 PM
My first guess would be the roll pin in the 3rd/4th shift fork has dropped out. No matter what based on your description, it is box out and strip it down. You could be lucky and there is no damage, but most unlikely.

4agejet
14th December 2014, 01:04 PM
Unlucky, after xmas i'll get some time to drop it and sus it out - till then i better start looking for some local ones for sale ..
Thanks for the advice.

willa
14th December 2014, 02:06 PM
Also so check that the shifter has been installed correctly. I'm pretty certain that similar symptoms can happen when it isn't, ie the bush at the bottom isn't located in the selector for where it is supposed to be. Also this is easy to check, so worth a shot.