PDA

View Full Version : help needed guys wiring for 4ages...

ke70Bummer
16th December 2014, 08:59 PM
heyy guys in need of some help i wired my ke70 4age all from the info in this forums and i think ive done most of it pretty good my my fuel pump is working with COR i have injector pulse and im trying to wire up my alternator and its just not happening i used all the guides on the net.. when i put my earth on negtive on the batt it starts sparking and smoke comes out of the charge wire what.. am i doing wrong guys im in need of help.. i tired diffrent ways and one of em worked but then i had a votage drop from coil and everything dissappeared on the dash as soon as removed the wires i joined the dash lights reappear anyone please can help me be great thanks

Matt
16th December 2014, 09:33 PM
Take some photos of what you have done, but 100% u have a direct short and most likely the diodes in the alternator will be shot.

ke70Bummer
17th December 2014, 12:48 AM

wiring is abit messy just doing evevrything make sure it all works

Matt
17th December 2014, 07:52 AM
I'll have a proper look when I get onto a pc but given the amperage that comes out of the alternator twisting the main charge wire like that is guaranteed to give u a voltage drop.

wouldnt give u 6 volts however.

do a continuity test between the charge wire and the negative batt terminal

ke70Bummer
17th December 2014, 08:17 AM
so do you want me to solde the wire up ? but is everything how its surpose to be ?? cause in some threads it says put the thick white wire on the ke 2 pin plug and some say put it directly to the batt and when i do connet it to the batt as sson as i connect up the earth on the batt it starts sparking and the main thik white wire smokes ups??

and sorry im not that great at electronics so what do you mean do a continuity test? want me to hook my mulimeter up and crank?

Matt
17th December 2014, 01:22 PM
It's not tight and the amount of contact being made will cause it to get hot very quick

Matt
17th December 2014, 01:23 PM
Continuity test measure the resistance of the wires

ke70Bummer
17th December 2014, 01:39 PM
okay so ill get some big lugs for it and wire it up and ill get a ground wire for the block

and also is my wiring config right?

Matt
17th December 2014, 09:20 PM
Its almost impossible to tell what you've done from those pics. You also have a carby fuel filter on an efi setup which will need to go.

I'd at a minimum tape those wires up before plugging the battery in again, it appears the alternator charge wires are resting on the extractors. Additionally, the blue wire from the positive battery terminal, is that connected properly to the starter motor?

ke70Bummer
17th December 2014, 09:52 PM
Heyy man just put the alternator wiring together now i have no injector pulse or spark ?? I have a new coil theres power there after ign at coil? ???

ke70Bummer
17th December 2014, 10:00 PM
Man you reckon you can come and just gimmy a quote of how much it will take for the job to get done? And if its all good you can come down and get it done for me?

silva
17th December 2014, 10:07 PM
ke70byummer
the best advice i can give is to pull that loom out! and start again,
what are you running off your relays?
and for your starter motor you migght need a longer cable so you can go under the engine mount,

for your alternator
find your charge light wire on the 4k or 4ac fuse box should be white and yellow, solder that onto the yellow and black wire
then for your white wire thats just constant 12v
then your yellow one can just be a 12v IG wire

but if i was you id just pull the loom back out and re wrap it and sort all the wiring it

you should only need power to the ecu and the your injectors and coils
best to ran off a relay,

put need more info on what your doing with your wiring

Matt
18th December 2014, 07:38 AM
You could have blown a number of things when you had the smoke coming out. Go through the guides and work out what is missing. I wouldn't be surprised if you cooked your ecu.

Sam-Q
18th December 2014, 09:55 AM
I am going to agree with the others here and there is a lot of things that likely are wrong on top of what we know is not right.

This is harsh but I suggest you completely stop what you are doing and get someone in, by the sounds of it someone needs to go through the whole loom and check everything.

Also if something as simple as the fuel filter is wrong then I wonder what else is, have you changed the fuel lines to a high pressure type? I can see that you are not using EFI specific line clamps, another good way to cut into fuel lines to potentially start a fir, assuming the wiring doesn't do it first. Did you do this conversion?

Matt
18th December 2014, 10:48 AM
and I agree with the others take the loom out and start over

ke70Bummer
19th December 2014, 01:02 PM
i still have 12v at my injectors they just dont pulse.. and my coil has power from ign but no spark my COR is working propley so that means my ecu is okay from my reserch i think my igniter is fried... i was going past a few threads and i found a guy saying that igniter sends signal to the ecu for it to fire the injectors i dont know anyone let me know

Matt
20th December 2014, 06:06 PM
I doubt the igniter is faulty as in all my years of playing with these engines i've never seen a faulty one. The COR works off 12v input whilst cranking + the ground the ecu FP pin provides. The ecu also earths out the injectors to squirt fuel.

I am very reluctant to comment further as it is very likely to end in tears / flames. I've seen allot of cars be wired up over the years and ones neater / better than this have burnt to the ground.

My advice is to find an auto electrician who will fix it, me personally I wouldn't as it is allot harder fixing mistakes than starting from scratch.

ke70Bummer
23rd December 2014, 06:24 PM
Heyy guys i found out why my spark and injector pulse disappeared cause the main power from batt to 12v ign reley was lose tighten that up i should have injector pulse and spark back now to the alternator why do i keep getting sparks from neg terminal when i connect it like everything is connected how its surpose to i stripped bavl the loom so the direct is one whole wire all the way through there ??

Matt
23rd December 2014, 06:34 PM
Cos you have a wire that should be earthed with power

ke70Bummer
23rd December 2014, 07:22 PM
Is ther a way to narrow down the search should i just tske out all the power wires one by one?

silva
23rd December 2014, 09:25 PM
have you earthed your motor?

ke70Bummer
23rd December 2014, 09:41 PM
3 main earths one bolted to starter and one on the block and one from neg terminal to body

LittleRedSpirit
26th December 2014, 10:10 AM
Dude, you need professional help. I empathise with you, as wiring is hard to understand as it takes an understanding of the electrical needs of the system. You're best bet would be to find someone who does scratch looms and get them in. Might cost a grand but its better than a total loss. Having made wiring assumptions and cooked an ecu before I definitely can speak from experience. If you don't know what you're doing, then stop, and get a pro in before this thing burns. You have a source of ignition, and a supply of fuel. At this moment your car is a flame thrower and not a car.