PDA

View Full Version : helppp!! t50 leaking oil

jamo4agte
20th January 2015, 04:59 AM
hi everyone, not to long ago i bought a ae71 4agte. engine and transmission were out the car, and today when i got out the t50 to put onto the 4agte and stood it upright (bellhousing side up and like the part that connects to tailshaft) and some oil leaked out of the very end.
is this normal? or do i have to replace some seals or gaskets? cheers in advance :))

willa
20th January 2015, 06:23 AM
Yes very normal! Nothing to worry about. Make sure you fill it up to the correct level ONCE it's fitted in the car with the tailshaft in, as even when it is mounted up in the car horizontally, it will leak oil (read pour out) from the same place if the tailshaft isn't in.

Cheers, Will.

LittleRedSpirit
20th January 2015, 12:21 PM
For the millionth time yall are ruining gearboxes by standing them on their end. Ever wondered why the input bearing is noisy after you fit a new t50. Its cause you sat the damn thing on its end and let 30 years of sludge run into the back of the bearing. You should always leave and store a gearbox in the horizontal position if its used. A new or freshly cleaned box wont have this issue or course.