PDA

View Full Version : What saps your Hachi build motivation? Track Day Maybe?

jamiesbrain
23rd February 2015, 05:38 PM
Heyo,

What really saps your build motivation on either ground up builds, works in prog or basic resto's?
Secondary, once it is built and you are just throwing time at it for maint etc I notice with all cars people lose interest at times.

For me just life gets in the road but also time.
Mine sits in the shed looking at me reproachfully with the bits off it waiting for me to put her back together again.
The waiting for A: Parts and B: Repairs I can't do myself makes it hard when you don't get the chance to drive it.

Finally, looking to see if maybe once a year, 6 monthly or quarter?(realistically) everyone able is interested to put together some sort of track event where the non rego'd and rego cars can all go out and do some testing and track time as a group?
Format would be in the way of AE86DC test session at say QR or where ever for a Saturday. No hero antics of diving under each other or stupid stuff like that but some time to drive and enjoy our cars not only in what ever level of anger you wish to participate in but also to learn from each other on our cars respectively? Also something that shows if you are new to track or experienced and also level you are pushing so if you appear in the rear view mirror, the guy in front knows to either have a respectable play or just let you through.

Was thinking track like QR but also maybe as a group to a test and tune at the drags for some fun too.

I've done the coffee and laps thing, it does not work for me as I have nearly binned each of my cars out on those more due to inexperienced tool drivers with no spatial awareness or respect for others cars or rules.
The best one had was with the Renault Club of QLD and theirs was not bad apart from maybe 2 players who were a danger to everyone else and themselves.
Not knowing a line, track etiquette (even though outlined to them before) etc and being good enough to just let someone through who would like to push but not fight their way past due to car value/respect.

Thoughts?

Matt
24th February 2015, 06:44 AM
We already do track days as part of this club.

Jim621
24th February 2015, 09:03 AM
I think he is suggesting trackdays for unlicensed or somewhat incomplete cars.

Jamie- no organised event would let you take a non road worthy car on the track, and definitely not multiple cars at once. All cars would need to go through scrutineering of some sort. Is this what you were meaning?

To me the post sounds like you are trying to pitch a business idea?
Steven

jamiesbrain
24th February 2015, 11:00 AM
The first part is what it is, trying to get people talking about the eb and flow of the project, race or street car relationship etc.
Had a good conversation with someone on it not so long ago and thought I would throw it out there and see what everyone here thought.

Not trying to pitch a business idea at all, was shooting the shit and seeing what we would do as a group up here in QLD more than anything.
Was in conjunction with the what saps your motivation really.

No not incomplete cars at all, just the people with race cars that can't do a cruise as such but also the street guys.
For sure the cars would need to be Cams approved and good to go, suggesting to run something that is incomplete and dangerous is not the intention.
Racing and licensed myself, I am fully aware of the CAMS rules and regs.
This ultimately was also a possible motivator for people to finish their cars or have a goal instead of just plugging away like we do with no focus and loosing the fun etc.

Getting down to the end of year event last year was hard for many who really wanted to go from up here, plus not wishing to drift sort of pigeon holed some out.
I know it was a drift event....before you jump on that.
Just thought put out the call to see if anyone was keen to as a group in setting our cars up, driving and learning...nothing more sinister than that.

I think he is suggesting trackdays for unlicensed or somewhat incomplete cars.

Jamie- no organised event would let you take a non road worthy car on the track, and definitely not multiple cars at once. All cars would need to go through scrutineering of some sort. Is this what you were meaning?

To me the post sounds like you are trying to pitch a business idea?
Steven