PDA

View Full Version : AE86 Body Loom Issues

CoR*
28th February 2015, 09:54 PM
Hey guys,

So I have recently done a 16V BP 4AGE conversion on my ADM AE86, basically I grabbed the motor/gearbox/rear end/fuel tank exc all out of a JDM Kouki Coupe, but I also grabbed the entire body loom, to essentially make it a plug + play kit, which was more down my ally Mechanically... So I thought lol.

So I would like to know if anyone on here has also went down this path, and what problems needed to be addressed to make everything work again? Problems I am having are below:

1. Brake lights stay on (Have checked brake switch on pedal, and the switch tip isnt even close to touching)

2. No H/Brake warning light on dash, I did notice there was a seperate section in the workshop manual regarding "ADM Only" So I am thinking a might have to do some re-pinning?

3. Clock doesn't work.

4. Horn doesn't work. (This loom does have the extra harness plug for the JDM twin horn setup) I am using my original single ADM Horn. I dont see that being the issue though :(

Does anyone have knowledge of Earthing locations behind the dash? My current state of mind is pointing to a bad earth somewhere! everything worked before I changed the loom. I have checked all Fuses.

Motor hasnt been ran yet, but my intensions are to iron out all these electrical gremlins first.

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

P.S I hate electrics!

Cheers, Corey.

Matt
1st March 2015, 04:44 PM
Brake light should be easy to fix by swapping over the switch off the adm brake peddle. If u push the switch in manually it should turn off.

Toyota usually hook the earths in the passenger footwell on the edge of the plastic bits that bolt up.

So if they are sitting in but not bolted down check there first.

CoR*
1st March 2015, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the reply! So I just had everything hanging dash side. So I have proceeded to bolt everything in, with no results or changes.

Is there a difference between ADM/JDM brake pedal switches?

Old loom is gone lol

CoR*
1st March 2015, 11:52 PM
Ok so brake light is fixed... Yes I am retarded. Switch presses in to turn off!

More issues lol...

1. Reverese lights dont work.

2. Wiper Motor / Washer Motor doesnt work.

Going to grab a test light / Multimeter tomorrow and check everything. Possible blown dome fuse?

Matt
2nd March 2015, 10:27 AM
Reverse lights will be red/black and red/blue wires that hang near the gearbox.

Wiper motor is hopefully a case of plugging in the switch to the wiper or the resistors missing.

CoR*
9th April 2015, 11:27 AM
Thanks Matt,

Got it all sorted. Was a case of mating incorrect plugs together :S

Noticed this when the cigarette plug light stayed on with the ignition off... Duh memory for clock!

Everything is working good! Now to start this thing!