PDA

View Full Version : Headlight & grill options - Aus Spec 86

Brettos86
22nd April 2015, 05:27 PM
Hi All

Just looking for ppls thoughts on options for my headlights & grill. My 86 didn't come with headlights and the grill is broken badly and finding it hard to get original ADM parts. So was looking for ppl's thoughts on going either kouki, zenki or keep looking for original. If I choose another option are the brackets a straight installation - easy fit etc. (tbh I really haven't found to much information on inter-changeable ease) but was thinking kouki and not sure if that's the right choose, fog lights as an option I can take or leave.

Hope it not to noob, buts it the last parts I need to finish for RWC..

phoenix
22nd April 2015, 06:26 PM
JDM zenki is the same as ADM
Far as I know the Kouki headlights bolt straight up but the parkers that go with them have slightly different screw patterns and only one of 2 screws lines up

edit

The Zenki GT apex flip grille is different to adm and will require the matching headlights or custom brackets (or dodgy zip ties) to fit to the adm headlights

Brettos86
22nd April 2015, 06:44 PM
awesome, thanks phoenix - that's what I needed to know

McLEVIN
22nd April 2015, 09:10 PM
Best option would be to get new kouki headlights they are $450 from sc86 (site sponser) come with brackets for kouki grill/foglights. Can aslo run adm grill if you find one.
Use your adm side parkers and kouki grills are available new too

cbjaust
23rd April 2015, 01:44 PM
what headlghts match the flip grille?

phoenix
28th April 2015, 02:30 PM
what headlghts match the flip grille?

Zenki Levin GT Apex, same as the grille

cbjaust
28th April 2015, 02:46 PM
Zenki Levin GT Apex, same as the grille

OK, then how do the ADM lights differ from JDM Zenki lights? Cheers

phoenix
28th April 2015, 05:49 PM
OK, then how do the ADM lights differ from JDM Zenki lights? Cheers

Sorry mate, I cant really say since I've not seen the GT apex lights. All I can say is that the gt apex flip grill doesn't fit the adm lights since I have one in my car. I can put up a photo of that if it will help you out?