PDA

View Full Version : Blacktop extended coil lead

gjgnz
23rd April 2015, 08:49 PM
Im trying to sort a coil lead for my blacktop 20v swap. Needs to be about twice the length of the standard lead. Have heard that a 2vz lead will work but they're NLA from Toyota. Does it need to be the type that's held in with the plastic clips or will a standard lead do the trick?

Matt
24th April 2015, 12:21 AM
Samq might sell a lead as he has them for his dizzy relocation kits. Otherwise magnecor leads can make you up one to length if required.

I'd be keen to see a pic of your engine bay as to why you need a longer one. You could possibly move the location of the coil.

gjgnz
24th April 2015, 09:28 AM
Yeah I emailed SamQ and he recommended the 2vz lead. I'm running a Tweakd loom with SQ dizzy relocation kit so would need to hack the loom up to move the coil and igniter. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/23/ad4df5be012546b38b1bdaf44e4a3644.jpg Will give Magnecor a try.

Matt
24th April 2015, 06:27 PM
Are you sure you can't mount that on the passenger strut tower? Thats where I put it on the looms I do or just behind the battery.

Without seeing the looms i don't know for sure, but if it is taped up tight, that would be a LHD vs RHD loom issue.

gjgnz
24th April 2015, 07:41 PM
The loom is from the states so it will be made for LHD. Would need to chop it up to put the coil on the passenger side which I'd rather not do. I'm happy with where everything sits, just need the longer coil lead to make it happen. The motor didn't come with a coil lead so I'll need to buy one regardless.

gjgnz
31st May 2015, 05:58 PM
Update: Managed to order a custom Topgun lead through Autobarn. Told them what fittings and length I needed and they had it made up and sent back within the week. Cost $34 including shipping.