PDA

View Full Version : powercraft headers 4 to 1 n2 spec any one have some in there ae86???

slider4life
29th April 2015, 09:29 PM
Guys ive ordered a set of these for my ae86 trueno with factory power steer and a/c . The guys getting it in for me have said they will fit the car i ha e sence done some researchand found they may not fit with a/c and power steering. I just need to know if anyone has a set in there car to make sure these will fit?? He is now not 100% if they will fit and now tells me they are non refundable. Can any one shed some light for me thanks

Jimmee1990
29th April 2015, 11:55 PM
Looking at the design I really doubt they would clear either to be honest, the primary off cylinder one does come forward and out quite a bit. I'm fairly certain the Toda ones would, and would perform at least as well as the Power Craft ones. I know a few guys down here are running them on their cars. For that amount of money you could get a really nice custom set made up from scratch, and then you know there won't be any issues with fitment and it will be better matched to your engine setup than an off the shelf set.

hayashi
30th April 2015, 01:53 PM
I can confirm the 4-2-1 n2 headers DO NOT clear when I test fitted a set. The 4-1 n2 version looks like they follow a similar path and take up a similar amount of space. The part that doesn't clear is the aircon lines running along the strut tower to the firewall. I don't have power steering, so I can't say if they would hit the hydraulic lines too. You might have to create custom lines around the headers to make your power steering & air con work.

Toda 4-2-1's DO clear air con lines, but again, can't confirm for power steering as I don't have it. The 4-1's follow a similar path too. There is only a few mm's of clearance between cyl 1's primary, so best to wrap heat shielding around the air con lines coming out of the pump to protect it from the generated heat.

slider4life
30th April 2015, 10:20 PM
Im near positive they wont fit with aircon now seeing some pics and i can let that go but power steer is the game breaker for me i really want to keep that in the car