PDA

View Full Version : AE71/ KE70/ AE86 exhaust compatibility with 4age

-ollie-
2nd July 2015, 04:43 PM
Assuming there is a 4age engine in xE7x or AE86, are the exhausts interchangeable? For instance if you bought an exhaust from an ae86 with a 4age in it, would it bolt into a xE7x chassis with a 4age in it, would the mounts etc line up? Do the xE7x wagon's have the same exhaust dimensions/ mounts as the sedans?
I'm putting a 4age into a ae71 wagon, and would like to avoid taking the car on a trailer to get the exhaust made after the engine goes in, so I'm looking at buying second hand, but does this limit me to finding only a second hand exhaust from a xE7x wagon that had a 4age in it?
Cheers

Javal
2nd July 2015, 08:19 PM
No. Get an exhaust made like a big boy.

-ollie-
2nd July 2015, 09:48 PM
Haha, I thought that'd be the case. The only problem is the car is out in the sticks, so it's a big effort to get it to the closest exhaust shop.

Jacobxxx
2nd July 2015, 10:46 PM
I used a sedan exhaust on my panel van, middle hanger is in a different spot and rear exit is a little bit off due to spare wheel under car and mount is in different spot also

TL;DR
works with mods

maxhag
3rd July 2015, 01:52 AM
I once tried to fit a AE86 4age exhaust and extractors to a KE70 with the same setup... Exhaust sat much lower, so there is a differance of where the engine sits etc between the 2 chassis..

And by that, these extractors sat fine in a AE86, but when all gear was transferred over to the KE70, the extractors lowest point sat really low, only about 40mm off the ground, and had to be modified

-ollie-
3rd July 2015, 01:24 PM
Thanks gents, that is helpful. I guess then I can use a sedan/ 86 one as a temporary solution until a proper one is made up.