PDA

View Full Version : Ke70 to ae86 front end

Keweapon
26th October 2015, 01:46 PM
Hey I'm trying to finalise my front end setup, so far I have shockworks coilovers on there way and a set of shortened power steering knuckles,
i am unsure of what linkages and tie rods and all the other things I'll have to buy for the front end,
found a set of t3 roll centre adjusters, will these be of any use to me? Thanks appreciate the help

Matt
26th October 2015, 05:28 PM
Hubs you'll need and I'm pretty sure you'll need brakes too.

Keweapon
26th October 2015, 06:00 PM
Buying hubs and stub axles and brakes soon I just don't know what else I need as in steering and suspension

johl
26th October 2015, 06:11 PM
you may aswell get xt130 control arms with new bushes and ball joints when you put your new steering arms in. personally i would also buy a quick rack and some poly rack bushes. then you can just use off the shelf ae86 rack ends and tie rods and you shouldnt have to change anything in the front for a long time

Big T
26th October 2015, 06:13 PM
Rcas are needed if lowering the car a significant amount. If your control arms are parallel to the ground, you need them.
You have lcas sorted? Options in order of longest are: xt130, ra40/60, ke70/ae86.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keweapon
30th October 2015, 02:11 AM
Having insane amount of trouble trying to located some stub axles to bolt on to my new coilovers, got a set of xt130 lcas,
all I need to know is what other parts I will need as in rack ends and tie rod ends and stuff, not too sure what it all looks like so it's making it harder for me to locate it

Slimer86
30th October 2015, 07:39 AM
Call or email Dave at AJPS.
He will be able to give you answers and more than likely have all the parts new and available on the shelf.

See Sponsors section.

LittleRedSpirit
3rd November 2015, 05:36 AM
Yeah or maybe learn about the front suspension, how it works, what the parts are and what they do in the stock system, and decide what you will change and why based on that. But you just want to skip to the spending money part? Seems odd to not consider research but to ask what to buy. What are your goals?