PDA

View Full Version : AE86 Aftermarket seat rail options

sirsprinter
24th February 2016, 03:28 PM
Car - Zenki AE86 Levin

motor / part in question - After market seat rails

problem - What have you all used?

personal situation (if applicable)- Am after a pair of rails for my 86, ill probably be using Velo GP90 seats, and want to find the cheapest option for aftermarket rails. I have read a thread or two on the internet about people modifying their standard rails, but have heard its a bit of lousy job and the height of the seats as a result of using them hasnt been ideal?

Ive looked on RHD Japan and see a lot of options made by Bride, and a couple from Buddy Club but i dont know which ones to use. Ive tried using search functions with Yahoo Japan but arent getting anywhere with my browser translator.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Slimer86
24th February 2016, 04:16 PM
I found buddy club a little too high while fitting a Velo Podium, however this is a much larger seat.

McLEVIN
24th February 2016, 04:16 PM
You want sliders or fixed in one position?

Jimmee1990
24th February 2016, 05:35 PM
All the Bride rails I've had are too narrow for the GP90, and they're crap in my opinion. Cracking welds and the sliders wear very quickly.

I made a custom fixed rail for mine as I wanted it as low as possible without cutting the floor, the Buddy Club and Nagisa auto seat rails are the nicest I've used for an off the shelf thing.

sirsprinter
24th February 2016, 06:03 PM
I think i want the ability to slide forward and backward, but if its much cheaper to have it fixed in position with adjustment on the brackets & seat then ill go for that.

I found the bride bracket catalogue if anyone is able to match their bracket they used with a velo gp90?
http://bride-jp.net/products/super-seat-rail/body/

Otherwise, thanks for the info Jimmee, where does one find the buddy club or Nagsia auto rails from?

Jimmee1990
25th February 2016, 12:02 AM
Much cheaper to have it fixed if you can make it yourself, otherwise you're paying a fabricator so not really worth it.

The Nagisa rails you can get from RHD Japan easily enough, and Buddy club are all over eBay USA last time I looked. Both of those two types came in cars I bought though, so didn't buy them new myself. The Bride ones I've had near new and brand new, don't rate them at all.

Slimer86
25th February 2016, 09:04 PM
Have an as new Buddy Club rail in Adelaide, northern suburbs if you want to try.
Need to make L side brackets to suit, or just get the Velo side brackets to fit.
Pm me if interested