PDA

View Full Version : Turbo BEAMS street car AE86

BEAMS_86
1st March 2016, 09:45 PM
Howdy gentlemangs,

As some may know my current ae86 track car.
With that car getting to a point were its just to expensive to drive anymore and it seems such a waist with it sitting in the shed.

The opportunity came along to snap up a very clean rolling shell so i got it.

The plan is to take all my gear out of my track car and build an ultimate street car.

My current plans for the build are:

Bare metal respray ( colour not chosen yet )
300+rwhp
As street legal as possible
Full interior re-trim and back seat with full cage
Generaly be a very clean car
Air-con and power steering

As parts are swapped over from the track car everything is going to be cleaned, painted and replaced if needed.

I got rained out at work so on the way home I stopped off at my local parts store and went straight home to get started.

While I wait till it goes off to get sand blasted I figured I should have a go at flairing the front guards.
Pretty happy with them as it was my first time using a hammer and dolly.

Thats pretty much it for now while i finish getting it stripped out for sandblasting.

This is going to be a relatively quick build so stay tuned as I will be going over all the details of the running gear as its transfered.

Matt
3rd March 2016, 08:28 AM
Where do I know the new shell from, I know lance had it but I am sure I've seen it somewhere else as well. Looking forward to the progress.

BEAMS_86
3rd March 2016, 06:15 PM
It started out being owned by Craige ( just jdm imports ) whom had it painted the blue, it was then sold to another bloke which put it in a shipping container for a few years, lance then bought it and owned for many years, it was then sold to another guy ( forgot his name ) which then sold to max haggard and then was re purchased by lance and is now at its final destination of myself haha.
In the time from Craig owning it, it has traveled around 5000km if its lucky which was around 10-12 years if my information is correct.

BEAMS_86
3rd March 2016, 06:27 PM
A few interesting things i found whilst dismantling the interior.
Original tool bag
2 owners manuals
Mod plate paper work from 2008

maxhag
13th March 2016, 11:16 PM
Glad it's gone to a good home Sammy

BEAMS_86
27th March 2016, 09:01 PM
Glad it's gone to a good home Sammy

Cheers, fair bit being done over the long weekend. Will have an update post tomorrow.
Note to self, think twice before going with a bare metal respray.
After the car was sand blasted it revealed a lot of the stuff who's name we dont speak (rust) but still pretty happy considering.