PDA

View Full Version : Problem with clutch?

Hector
13th April 2016, 01:52 AM
I made a 20v swap. The car is working perfect and running nice. But tye clutch after the swap start releasing almost very very low, is as ifbthe clutch was worn out. The thing is that the clutch is in good condition and the master cylinder and slave are new. I am using the 20v flywheel and pressure plate. The fork and everything was check to make sure it wasnt bend and the bearings were replace. What can be causing this behavior? I will appreciate any help.possible

greeneyes
13th April 2016, 09:19 AM
As a clutch wears it gets higher up, not lower... the pressure plate back sticks out towards the thrust more.

Try bleeding it again?? If the mechanical side of it like the thrust fork & seals are OK it must be in the hydraulics.

Somehow you're not getting enough thrust distance out of it. Does it rest with the thrust bearing just sitting on the pressure plate?? No play in the fork before you press the pedal?

davew7
13th April 2016, 10:34 PM
Check the slave cylinder push rod. They typically have an internal adjusting screw to reduce clearance and free play. Dave W

Slimer86
14th April 2016, 05:57 PM
Master Cylinder needs adjustments.
See YouTube video by acs or adelaide clutch services

Hector
15th April 2016, 09:02 AM
Greeneyes. im gonna bleed it again and see how it work. I think it migjt be that. About the fork, do I need to leave a bit of free play or it need to be resting with the thrust bearing on the pressure plate.

Thanks everyone for answering. I will be verifying everything again and I will post again when it work.