PDA

View Full Version : whats the go with the flo's quick racks..

bunki86
20th October 2016, 07:57 PM
everyone went and bought them and it seem most of them are on selling them.
any probs ?
did people swap to a quaife ?

cheers.

Slimer86
20th October 2016, 10:28 PM
I run one in my daily. It's a great rack.
Issue I encountered were super pro bush not fitting properly and being unable to bolt down the drivers side bracket.
Had to use a longer bolt of the same grade to get distance for initial engagement. Probably only a thread or two extra length.

Slimer86
20th October 2016, 10:29 PM
Also, the price seems to have increased on the on sold ones...

bunki86
20th October 2016, 11:18 PM
ok cool, cheers.

ive spoken to FLO's and i can get one landed for 300au. i have noticed them being more than that on ad's here in au

i need a new rack anyway, so thinking about getting one of these, was just a bit weary on the re-sold ones.

do other bushes fit better than others ? 71/86 mr2 or anything ?, or just have to make the 86 ones fit.

cheers.

Slimer86
21st October 2016, 08:52 PM
Not too sure on bushes. I just persisted with the super pro until I got the rack to fit. People on selling for profit. Kinda gives me the shits but each to their own

Matt
22nd October 2016, 08:36 AM
Personally i prefer the standard rack , but I guess i didn't give the quick rack a chance for me to get used to. I think people are asking more for the racks expecting to be talked down in price, but again some people are just douches when it comes to parts.

bunki86
22nd October 2016, 10:49 PM
cheers slimer. yeh annoys me too.

if i could find a standard rack i probably would get one, but used price is 2-250-even 300, if you can find one and its going to need a rebuild.
so i figure ill just get a new quick rack instead for 300.

pissed my 86 rack when walky-bout when i replaced it with an ae71 one.
cheers.

tottacrolla
23rd October 2016, 02:44 AM
When you do the maths a standard rack with power steering knuckles gives you almost exactly the same ratio as a 2.5 turns quick rack.

bunki86
23rd October 2016, 12:51 PM
just for interests sakes, as im prolly gonna get a the quick rack anyway.

how many turns for stock rack with ps kuckles ?

tottacrolla
23rd October 2016, 09:04 PM
just for interests sakes, as im prolly gonna get a the quick rack anyway.

how many turns for stock rack with ps kuckles ?

If you have no other issue, fouling of wheels etc. then it will be 3.5 turns. The shorter arm ensures that the ratio is quicker.
Rack bar movement for one 360° turn of the pinion is a good way to check rack ratio.

AJPS
28th October 2016, 05:22 PM
Not too sure on bushes. I just persisted with the super pro until I got the rack to fit. People on selling for profit. Kinda gives me the shits but each to their own

they definitely fit with out need for a longer bolt, although they are tight

I 'wrapped' mine around and then it worked well, I think it has to do with the corners, unless you really force them in there they sit slightly proud.

I use a flos rack in one of my cars and a quaife in the other, both have performed well so far

McLEVIN
29th October 2016, 11:24 AM
What knuckles do you run?

bunki86
29th October 2016, 12:46 PM
end result is going to be stock, ps ae86 arms or t3 arms on ra40 struts.
at the moment is ra60 struts n knuckles, which is horrible.
if i dont get the new brake upgrade done in time on the ra40 struts, ill use the ra60 strut with t3 hybrid knuckles so i can run the big brakes that i run on that setup. untill ra40 setup is done.