PDA

View Full Version : AE86 4AC converson to 4AGE

mitchgoring
22nd February 2017, 10:35 AM
Hi Guys,

I am looking at purchasing a 1983 AE86 with a stock 4AC. I am highly interested to put a 4AGE in. I have heard that the swap just involves engine, wiring loom and ECU. The rest is supposedly universal such as gearbox, starter motor, engine mounts etc. Any advice on this topic would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mitch.

Slimer86
22nd February 2017, 11:53 AM
Hi Guys,

I am looking at purchasing a 1983 AE86 with a stock 4AC. I am highly interested to put a 4AGE in. I have heard that the swap just involves engine, wiring loom and ECU. The rest is supposedly universal such as gearbox, starter motor, engine mounts etc. Any advice on this topic would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mitch.
My advice, search.
Here, toymods,club4ag,rollaclub,twincam.org

cbjaust
22nd February 2017, 05:36 PM
things to consider:
bell housing to get the slave cylinder on the driver's side away from the exhaust
accessory drive pulleys - 4A-GE has ribbed type, need alternator and A/C compressor pulleys to match crank pulley
flywheel 8-bolt for 4A-GE vs 6-bolt for 4A-C

davew7
23rd February 2017, 12:02 AM
You also need to mod the fuel system for the higher injection pressure and return line. Dave W

Matt
26th February 2017, 07:44 AM
Its well worth the time to do it.. If you buy a jap conversion the the clutch is moved, but you can shield it from the exhaust / run a sleave.

It's been covered heaps of times, but a summarised version of this swap is.

* Remove old motor / box.
* Remove remote voltage reg for alternator
* Bolt 4age up to t50, if using FWD don't forget the spigot bearing in the crank
* Add heat shield to clutch near exhaust
* Sort out fuel system ( AJPS do a neat solution with their surge tanks)
* Install motor
* Modify the exhaust
* Wire up and drive