PDA

View Full Version : CARINA [FR] 2 Piece Propeller Shaft into AE70 Corolla

qagzie
9th May 2019, 12:15 AM
Hello Friends,

Has anyone fitted the 2 piece propeller shaft with a center bearing from an early 80's Toyota Carina FR into a KE70/AE70?

Thanks,

M.

Futo_gt86
10th May 2019, 07:26 PM
We didn't get Carina's from Toyota Australia. I think they were personal import only.
I've only ever seen pictures of one here in Australia, Biggo's "bagel as Carina" on these forums.

qagzie
21st May 2019, 12:04 AM
We didn't get Carina's from Toyota Australia. I think they were personal import only.
I've only ever seen pictures of one here in Australia, Biggo's "bagel as Carina" on these forums.

Turns out that the Carina FR diff is the same as an RA40. It didn't really work for me coz the diff is oddly wider than the S-series. and the mounts seem to be off ... a bit.

now i'm considering cutting up the T-series diff housing and merging bits of it to the S-series so that i can re-use the S-series axles... i'm told they would fit well.

do you know if anyone has done this?

Cheers.

Jonny Rochester
8th June 2019, 12:32 AM
Carina and Celica FR cars came with a very large range of engines, everything from 3T-GTE, 4A-GE, 2S, 21R, 2T-GUE etc. If you have an exact model you can access, I could look up the parts and say if anything matches.