PDA

View Full Version : Are Aexx/Kexx/Texx diff pinions Centered or Off-centered?

qagzie
29th November 2019, 05:01 AM
So I tried to square my axle/wheels and I found that in order for the diff pinion to be dead centre [directly inline with the trans yoke], it has to move almost 1 inch to the left.

Is it my set-up that is bent or did it come off-centered from the factory?

qagzie
29th November 2019, 05:23 AM
Infact I was planning to install a 1" spacer on the opposite end just to make the wheels flash on both ends.

What are your thoughts on this?

qagzie
29th November 2019, 05:23 AM
:S...

davew7
29th November 2019, 10:35 PM
The axle pinion is off-set by design. If you are trying to center the axle, the easiest method [not the most accurate] is to just measure distance from the fender lip to the tires and compare the sides. To actually adjust the axle, you will have to modify the panhard rod, or get an adjustable rod.
davew7

qagzie
29th November 2019, 11:08 PM
The axle pinion is off-set by design. If you are trying to center the axle, the easiest method [not the most accurate] is to just measure distance from the fender lip to the tires and compare the sides. To actually adjust the axle, you will have to modify the panhard rod, or get an adjustable rod.
davew7

Good to know the offset is by design. I thought something was bent...
So I did modify the panhard rod and centered the pinion using a laser beam pointer on the trans yoke.

The left wheel sticks out about 10mm and the right wheel is inside the lip by about an inch.

Hence the consideration for a spacer.

Thanks for your reply.