PDA

View Full Version : Goosey441’s levin hatch

Goosey441
8th December 2019, 06:24 PM
G’day everyone, I’ve just acquired my first ae86, also my first toyota for that matter so I’m a total noob lmao. This is almost definitely the most optimistic project I’ve ever taken on/will ever take on as it needs so much work that I haven’t even processed it mentally yet, so yeah, I’m in way over my head but we’ll see how we go[emoji23]. With that in mind, here’s a little about the car.

The car is a 1983 ae86 levin hatch (ADM). Some time a few owners before me, the car had been stripped for parts so it’s currently a bare rolling shell having only suspension, wheels, and a rear hatch. It has rust, bog, and a severe lack of everything that makes it a car.

My current plan of action is to bring the car back to my place where I’ve got a shed and all the resources to complete this impossible task. I’ll sand out all the bog and repair the rust and make everything straight so that I have a solid base to start this project. I’ll also pay some attention to the brakes and see why the left rear drum is locked up. Meanwhile I really need parts, and whether it’s realistic or not, I’m on a tight budget, so I’ll be looking for the cheapest parts that I can find. Anything broken but repairable and usable is perfect for me (hmu if you can help me out lol).

My short term end goal for this car is to have it be as bare bones and minimalistic as possible, just enough to get the car on the road. Any engine and gearbox I can find will do just fine. The interior will be a dash, steering wheel, seats, and what ever else that comes up along the way. For wheels, I’ve got a set of 13” enkei mesh’s that’ll most likely go on for the time being.

Hopefully I can keep on top of this project and also update this thread when ever I make any progress. In the meantime, big thanks in advance to any help I get along the way. Cheers[emoji1689]

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/9/3/2/6/563732.jpg

Ps, all of my mates are into old Mitsubishi’s or Holden commodores, so I need more mates who are into corollas[emoji23]. I’m located in Canberra, Australia so hmu if you are too lmao.

LittleRedSpirit
9th December 2019, 12:55 PM
:pinchme:

focus_7
22nd December 2019, 01:07 PM
Very ambitious, good luck!

Noddy
25th December 2019, 11:21 PM
Best of luck with your project. Lots of learning ahead by the looks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Matt
12th February 2020, 10:58 AM
I love seeing these restored... Any updates?

Goosey441
12th February 2020, 03:23 PM
Progress is going very slowly atm due to my garage looking more like a pigsty and my tow vehicle being out of action (the 86 is 2 hours away at another property).

On the bright side, I believe I have sourced a motor, gearbox and driveshaft for the car. It’s a 4ac and T40 out of a AE72 van.

Oh, and I think I have a colour in mind[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86TAX
10th May 2021, 01:06 PM
Hey mate hows it coming along?