PDA

View Full Version : dumping raw oil

PHAT86
5th August 2009, 12:55 PM
Hi just wondering if anyone may have heard of this problem or experinced it before. I have a rebuilt 4AGE 16v with 20v quad throttle boddies, whats happening is if you start up let it run for 2-5mins give it a couple of big revs it dumps RAW oil out through the crank case breather on top of the rocker cover, i dont have a catch on as of yet. The problem is being blamed to be because the quad throttles has no crank case breather and its not breathing properly, would this be correct? what would your suggestions be.

Any info/help would be so much appreciated.
Kind regards. Allan :thumbup:

ke70dave
5th August 2009, 01:37 PM
what do you mean by "RAW" oil? i assume you mean just the engine oil???

and when you say "Rebuilt"? we talking new rings and valve stem seals?

when its running normally is there any air coming out your crank case breather hole and/or oil cap?

the only way any air is coming out of the crank case/oil cap is from excess blow by, caused by the combustion gases leaking out from either the rings or the valve stem seals.

if the engine is indeed "Rebuilt" then id say there should be little to no air coming out of the breather hole at all. let alone oil...

stupid question...how much oil is in it? you didnt overfill the oil?

PHAT86
5th August 2009, 02:05 PM
sorry yeah i mean raw engine oil and no it has not been over filled, when it was rebuilt the rings bearing pistons etc were done. From memory there was only minimal air coming out through the breather hole

FAST EDDIE
5th August 2009, 10:40 PM
yeha only time ive had this issue is when ive run turbo engines (which have fair crankcase breathing) and the oil doesnt return to teh sump an dfill up teh rocker covers and oveflows! The setup is gay on 4a's never heard of it on an na engine as it shouldnt happen!!!